High balcony or low balcony?

mosiegirl

This will be the first time we are booking a balcony cabin and we are trying to decide on one on 10th deck or one on the 5th deck (for example).. is it better to be higher up or lower down for the view? For balconies that are on the lowest balcony deck, do you ever get splashed with water when the seas are rough?

This will be the first time we are booking a balcony cabin and we are trying to decide on one on 10th deck or one on the 5th deck (for example).. is it better to be higher up or lower down for the view? For balconies that are on the lowest balcony deck, do you ever get splashed with water when the seas are rough?

Love the Lido balconies.

As long as its a balcony, I don't care. I was on the 7th floor on my B2B, and to me it was perfect. I could see the deck and the crew and they could see me. I loved coming into port being right up front with the same view as the crew. I had no issues at all. I was on the Victory.

I would suggest at least considering a cove balcony. I have tried suites, regular balconies and cove balcony's. My preference is definitely a cove. Its less expensive and a much better experience being mid ship near the water and no, I have not gotten splashed in slightly rougher seas.

What ship??

I prefer one around the middle, been splashed on deck 11 when things got rough.

I really love a floor that's mid way between the MDR deck and buffet deck.

Balcony's start at a certain point up on the ship so you don't get splashed. Usually deck 4, 5, or 6 depending on the ship. A balcony on deck 1 or 2 would be a big problem, that's why the don't have them.

As far as deck 5 or deck 10 goes it is all personal preference. Personally I like to be lower for motion sickness reasons (ship rocks more the higher up you go) and I like being closer to the water for the view/sounds. However a higher up balcony may provide a better view while pulling into/leaving port, and it will also be closer to the pools/buffet.

You will also notice a small price difference between the 2 with deck 5 coming in cheaper, I would look at both deck plans to see what is above/below each specific cabin and pick based on that. A quiet cabin wins any day of the week.

Balcony's start at a certain point up on the ship so you don't get splashed. Usually deck 4, 5, or 6 depending on the ship. A balcony on deck 1 or 2 would be a big problem, that's why the don't have them.

As far as deck 5 or deck 10 goes it is all personal preference. Personally I like to be lower for motion sickness reasons (ship rocks more the higher up you go) and I like being closer to the water for the view/sounds. However a higher up balcony may provide a better view while pulling into/leaving port, and it will also be closer to the pools/buffet.

You will also notice a small price difference between the 2 with deck 5 coming in cheaper, I would look at both deck plans to see what is above/below each specific cabin and pick based on that. A quiet cabin wins any day of the week.

The cove balconies on ships are on deck 2. Loved mine! Being that close to the water is fantastic.

We always do balcony cabins in general and typically stick to 7th deck (Empress) for the most part (will do 8th deck if cannot get 7th but we book pretty far out so not usually a problem). Right in the middle of ship, one of the reasons is that we use the stairs exclusively, so this deck is a great spot to walk from (also, helps with DH motion issues along with the patch).

We did get the opportunity to explore the clove balcony cabin when some friends of ours had one and we were on same cruise. Much too close to bottom of ship for us and we enjoy the glass view on a regular balcony. It's all subjective, good luck!

We are sailing on the Magic next year and I gave my wife a choice between a suite and a cove balcony. She choose the Cove without any hesitation. Just be careful in which cabin you get with a Cove as some are below the galley which some have said can get noisy at night. I got ours in the same location as we had on the Dream where we had no problems, under the excursion desk area.

We are sailing on the Magic next year and I gave my wife a choice between a suite and a cove balcony. She choose the Cove without any hesitation. Just be careful in which cabin you get with a Cove as some are below the galley which some have said can get noisy at night. I got ours in the same location as we had on the Dream where we had no problems, under the excursion desk area.

I just discussed this with DW and she's all for it, so I'll make sure to check the deck plan above us when we book.