High balcony or low balcony?

mosiegirl

As many have said...

any balcony is a good balcony.

But I agree that

Our preference is to be as close to the water as possible so we can see what is in the water:).

We've had balconies on deck 4 and on deck 7. Loved both, but really missed being able to better see the dolphins, seals, etc (can't say whales as we spent our whole Mexico cruise hoping to see one, with no luck).

And also as others have said, do be mindful of what is above and below your cabin. We always choose a cabin that is between other decks of cabins, just our preference. I do hope to try a cove balcony, the picture that was shared here is better than the one Carnival has! I would love being so close to the water!

I love the cove balconies for the closeness to the water. Was in a forward cove on the Dream in pretty rough seas and the spray would come up and give us a good dose of spray. Was surprised that the balconies were not closed off. Must take some very rough seas before they do that. My next choice is Panarama deck on ships with cloud 9 spa because I'll be spending plenty time there. On other ships I'll book Empress deck/deck 7, there is a reason most suites are one this deck. Cabins above and below, centrally located to everything and pretty good for those with potential motion sickness.

Our preference is to be as close to the water as possible so we can see what is in the water:).

That was my thinking too.. but my husband feels the higher up we are we can look down into the water ..and he thinks the lower we are, we can only look across the water? not down into it?

The cove balconies on ships are on deck 2. Loved mine! Being that close to the water is fantastic.

I was worried that with a cove, you don't see anything if you are sitting down? Do you have to be standing to see anything?

Over the years we've had balconies on most every deck, had the cove last time and it was really nice, floor gets a bit wet but the view of the water is amazing. We have another aft balcony next time and we really like them, there would be no splash back there just a lovely view.

I was worried that with a cove, you don't see anything if you are sitting down? Do you have to be standing to see anything?

Look at the chair. Sitting in it by the rail you can see out to sea. There is also the view 'port' in the bottom.

The fun part is watching the gangway and any late comers. We happened to be located almost directly over the forward gangway in port and it was quite amusing.

Can you see 'down' to the water when sitting. No. But the sounds of the water and waves can be amazing!

That was my thinking too.. but my husband feels the higher up we are we can look down into the water ..and he thinks the lower we are, we can only look across the water? not down into it?

I would think you could see more from deck 2 than you could from deck 10 (unless you just want to look at water, then you can see more water from deck 10).