Sapphire/Diamond Alaska 2006 Prices way high

pamwinn

The prices for Alaska on the Sapphire and Diamond next year seem unbelievably high to me. The time period I am referring to is early June, which although not usually as good as May/Sept prices has typically been fairly reasonable. Not for 2006 though. I think the Crown Prices are better.:o

If you have flexibility there are always discounts in the spring for early season/June sailings.. They had 399 for insides last year .. a friend did "back to back" on the Island for basically 1100 including port charges.. went in late May and booked in late March. As long as cabin location isn't a huge issue you should be fine..

is that just for the cruise or does it include a land tour as well. I believe next season the grand class ships are sailing the one way routes. We had a balcony cabin on the empress deck in late august on the island southbound this year and added a land tour and i think it was 6000ish. i can't remember the cabin number but it was right of the back elevator on the starboard side. nice cabin. We wanted a mini but that would have set up back closer to 8000 and that was a bit more than what we wanted to pay. I know many people say why spend money on a balcony when you don't use it? but we did especially at night, we would leave the door open to get some fresh air in before bed. I must admit it wasn't as nice as our mini on the grand but it was comfortable for two. good luck on your plans. we loved alaska and would recommend the scenery to anyone. but if you want to go deeper into glacier bay, sail early in the season or the late august, early september cruises, In may through july alot of the areas are closed off because of harbor seal calvings.

Archived