Cafe Select Coffee Card

LorraineP

My husband doesn't drink coffee, could he get something like a hot chocolate?

Also, if I just get one card, for me, since I love to drink coffee, could he also get an occasional hot chocolate? The card is for 15 drinks. Is that specific to one person? Or could we share the card?

Also, if I just get one card, for me, since I love to drink coffee, could he also get an occasional hot chocolate? The card is for 15 drinks. Is that specific to one person? Or could we share the card?

You can share the card.

Just to update the information on the card.....yes it can only be bought on board. With taxes it was about $36 for 15 coffees at Cafe lattetudes (my ship didn't have a Starbucks) any size drink. Although I used all of my punches, leftover punches cannot be used on another cruise (like Princess allows).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not taxes.

Gratuity.

:)

Is this 15 special coffee drinks and unlimited regular brewed coffee?

I don't think the unlimited premium brew coffee is a feature of the RC card as it is on Princess. It's never been advertised as having this when I checked into it. Also the free regular coffee isn't terrible as RC doesn't use the coffee syrup as is used to make the included coffee on Princess ship. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

If they are offered on the ship you are on, they are included.

Bob, I wish there was a "Like" button that I could click on CC. Thank you for another knowledge gem.

27 days until DH & I embark on the Oasis and I have some great insights that will make this a fabulous cruise.

Is this 15 special coffee drinks and unlimited regular brewed coffee?

Regular brewed coffee is already free on the ships.

I've seen people ask for "coffee" at the coffee kiosk, they are told that the coffee is "over there" in the urns, they ask for coffee again, and they are given an Americano. Which is espresso and water; tastes almost the same, but it's not brewed coffee and it's likely to be lower in caffeine compared to brewed (that last bit is important to me LOL). Not quite the same.

If they are offered on the ship you are on, they are included.

Thanks. :)

I think it says coffee based beverages but I did get hot cocoa by using a punch on the card.

Regular brewed coffee is already free on the ships.

Thanks. :)

They are serving brewed coffee on all of the ships now for free? Great! The last few cruises I've been on it's been a syrup based coffee not brewed and was undrinkable.

Thank you!

They are serving brewed coffee on all of the ships now for free? Great! The last few cruises I've been on it's been a syrup based coffee not brewed and was undrinkable.

Thank you!

We've never seen syrup based coffee on RC.

Thank you!

Over 2 years ago I watched them put ground coffee into a big filter and brew the coffee into the big urn. I'm not sure Royal has ever had the syrup.

We've never seen syrup based coffee on RC.

Agreed. And you have way more cruising history than I do. :)

Now whether or not it's *good* is up to the individual palate. But I don't think it's syrup.

I am going to buy 2 as we have a cruise scheduled on both the Grandeur and also the Adventure. On our last cruise on the Jewel I bought the package that included the fresh squeezed OJ as well as bottled water and drinks at café lattitudes... I was getting a few mocha lattes every day. Not great for the waist line but hey we are cruising.....It seems the refreshment package has changed with the wording about starbucks...Are café lattitudes licensed starbucks even though they are not named...

Over 2 years ago I watched them put ground coffee into a big filter and brew the coffee into the big urn. I'm not sure Royal has ever had the syrup.

Agreed. And you have way more cruising history than I do. :)

Now whether or not it's *good* is up to the individual palate. But I don't think it's syrup.

I'll trust you then! I guess it was just terrible brewed. On the Brilliance, we tried everything to make it drinkable. I've never had brewed that bad. Even the staff was buying coffee at the coffee bar. I know they use different brands on different ships. The Navigator was fine. The Serenade and Brilliance were awful. I honestly can't remember what it was like on the Adventure. Do you know what kind of coffee they use on it? We'll sailing on the Adventure right after Christmas.