Cape cod tour on rcl

shopperwhite

Are you asking about excursion Discover Cape Cod (BX50)?

My problems with the excursion description:

• The excursion stops in Sandwich which is about 2 miles from the Cape Cod Canal but no mention of a cruise on CCC until you are in Hyannis which is about 37 miles by water from the canal. That isn't happening.
  • The Kennedy Compound fronts Nantucket Sound and is about a mile from Hyannis, and you would not see it from the CCC.

To your questions. The boat tour from Hyannis goes out into Nantucket Sound and goes by the Kennedy Compound and returns to Hyannis.

You will reboard the bus there and be driven to Chatham.

There is no Martha's Vineyard in the tour; Hyannis Port is where the Kennedy compound is located but you will only be seeing it from the tour boat.

Since you asked is it worth doing? IMHO, NO

If you want to see Cape Cod properly, do a land vacation there.

SBtS

Thanks. This will be my only chance to get to cape cod

That (tour described) isn't even really Cape Cod, or at least the Cape that creates memories. That would include (IMHO) some time walking at the National Seashore (beach or one of the trails), or time meandering the backroads, exploring villages, or biking the path along the canal or taking a dune tour in Provincetown.

Hyannis is very commercial and full of tourists from "away", not Cape atmosphere.

What are your alternatives? What is your starting point? Docked in Boston at Black Falcon? How much time do you have? What time of year?

That (tour described) isn't even really Cape Cod, or at least the Cape that creates memories. That would include (IMHO) some time walking at the National Seashore (beach or one of the trails), or time meandering the backroads, exploring villages, or biking the path along the canal or taking a dune tour in Provincetown.

Hyannis is very commercial and full of tourists from "away", not Cape atmosphere.

What are your alternatives? What is your starting point? Docked in Boston at Black Falcon? How much time do you have? What time of year?

From what I know from posting my reply. The excursion length is approx. 9 hours which indicates the time in port is close to ten hours. The starting point is the Black Falcon in Boston. I believe the OP is from Toronto, Canada or nearby, and is on a 9 day cruise departing from Cape Liberty. The cruise ship could be the Anthem and is departing this month. The OP posted in another forum that she has difficulty in walking.

SBtS

Three of the 9 hours are spent on the bus just getting to the Cape. Boat ride is 1 hour, and not exclusive to the tour. No meals. 1.5 hours in Chatham. No mention of what takes up the other 3.5 hours, so really not sure this is worth it. DW likes shopping in the ticky-tacky shops in Yarmouth and Dennis, enjoy walking around P-town, hiking the seashore in the Park. Not sure I'd want my impression of the Cape to be from a bus tour.

If your cruise comes to Portland, you can get a 2.5-3.5 hour tour of Casco Bay on the mailboat run for $16/person.

OP could try taking the (90 min) ferry to Provincetown:

http://www.bostonharborcruises.com/provincetown-ferry/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Provincetown%20Ferry%20-%20Exact&utm_term=ferry%20provincetown%20boston&utm_content=Provincetown%20Ferry#fast-ferry

and looking around there or taking the Art's Dune Tour there.

Another option would be taking a whale watch trip from Boston,. Most of the whales lately have been off Race Point in Provincetown, so the boats are going there, and OP could see a bit of Cape Cod from the sea.