Hurricane Hermine - any impact to NCL ships?

abbyar

Long story short - I'm reasonable assured, from what I've seen & tracked - everything was fine and ship handled the tropical storm just fine.

See this - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2398086&page=3

And, also this - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2398908

BA just arriving @Dockyard this morning - no live post (yet) of any horror stories while she was on the move, aside from 1 or 2 brief updates. Unlikely for the BA to encounter any truly rough seas as she headed out & quickly turned south, hugged the NJ coast & sailed passed Atlantic City - and, at some point ... turned east for the islands (out of AIS tracking range that we can access) - probably wind gusts & a little bit of motion, no worst than what RCI's AOS ran into. Sea conditions, based on ship's live webcam on Monday & Tuesday all looked pretty calm & typically ocean conditions for the crossing - this is one the biggest passenger ship floating around.

Compared to the GEM who left on Saturday for New England/Canada - she looked to (from ship's webcam) be in miserable weather of fog, rain/showers & seas a bit rougher all week - given the storm track for Hermes & the counter-clockwise flow.

On the Gem. We had rough seas Sat night leaving NY and even rougher between Halifax and St John Monday night. The weather has been OK -- actually, it was unusually warm (low 80s) and quite sunny in Canada. In Portland ME today. Late arrival due to heavy fog and it's overcast and misty. Sun trying to burn through. We'll see how the rest of the week goes. Hopefully we've seen the end of the rough weather.

09dcfaf5c86a75fdc201fd0924c355b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk