check in southwest air while on cruise

spike007

OK. I know someone has the answer!!

On Carnival Cruises, how do you check in to Southwest Airline to get your return flight printed boarding pass. Southwest allows you to get your boarding pass 24 hours before your flight for the coverted "A" group. I know Carnival has internet service, but can you get a printout of the boarding pass at the internet lounge? Does Carnival charge for printouts? What does internet time cost on Carnival? How much internet time should I buy? This is a vacation, so I don't plan to go near a computer except for the check in.

OK. I know someone has the answer!!

On Carnival Cruises, how do you check in to Southwest Airline to get your return flight printed boarding pass. Southwest allows you to get your boarding pass 24 hours before your flight for the coverted "A" group. I know Carnival has internet service, but can you get a printout of the boarding pass at the internet lounge? Does Carnival charge for printouts? What does internet time cost on Carnival? How much internet time should I buy? This is a vacation, so I don't plan to go near a computer except for the check in.

I've never cruised Carnival, but on RCL, HAL, NCL and Celebrity, it's no problem. Usually $.50 -- $.75 a minute; printer is available. We printed our Southwest boarding passes onboard last spring while on the Mercury. Now that you can do it 24 hours before your flight--should be very easy!:)

Enjoy!

Kel

This is something that we address quite frequently.... now that SW allows check in 24 hrs in advance of the flight, we have a family member or friend do it for us. All they need is the Conf # and it can be done... the part most people forget is that when you get to the airport, you can RE print your boarding pass and bingo... it's an "A"

Good luck...

This is something that we address quite frequently.... now that SW allows check in 24 hrs in advance of the flight, we have a family member or friend do it for us. All they need is the Conf # and it can be done... the part most people forget is that when you get to the airport, you can RE print your boarding pass and bingo... it's an "A"

Good luck...

You are correct and I forgot that too. I will probably still print it on board on Saturday before they close out our account!

Not everybody has a friend/relative who can do what musicbox mentions. Also, some might forget or not want to patronize the Internet Cafe to do what kelmac suggests. Therefore, entrepreneurship fills the void! A new company located at boardfirst.com will check you in online for a Southwest flight exactly 24 hours in advance. If they don't get you an A seat, your $5 fee per person is refunded. One prints out their boarding pass (s) when you get to the airport. Please don't tell too many people about this.

On the Princess cruise i just got off, it was $0.35 per minute and $0.50 per page to print. Very easy, altho the internet cafe on my ship was closing early and right after I entered. Kinda stupid cuz that's when people are trying to print their boarding passes.

I imagine Carnival should be similar prices since they're owned by the same corp. and are priced about the same.

Wow ... $5 a person to board the plane earlier and get a closer seat? I guess if dreat the though of sitting in the middle ....

Maybe it's just me ... I like Southwest, but am anti-cattle call. If I have an A, I board with As, but I'll be the last one in line. The people who sit in the cattle chute for 3 hours to be the first A passenger on board (after preboards) just astound me.

I have done it on RCCL and Carnival, just go to the Internet room and print it out. The last time was this past September and we were still out and about just after midnight. We went to the internet room, printed our boarding passes and went back to the bar.

Now you can do it 24 hours before the flight.

If you can afford the cruise & bar bill, you can afford the couple of bucks for the internet to pring your boarding pass.

Archived