Westerdam Alaska recently?

Moriah

In a Neptune two doors down from Moriah (we were the ones with the balloons on the door courtesy of our daughter's purchase of the BonVoyage package--certainly made it easy to find our hall and door).

Wonderful cabin stewards (HOHO and ?) who told me they had 21 cabins to clean.

Loved the Pinnacle as always, especially the maitre d' (whose name I now know thanks to Moriah). In the PG, we were pleased with Didi, Mr. Kim (aka energizer bunny) is a kick to watch, be your server, and talk with, and also Juli this morning. It was nice to have breakfast in there most mornings.

Yes, the Adagio soloist was pretty bad, finally had a violin back on the last night I believe.

I found the main dining room menu to be much improved from our last trip on the Maasdam last year. Very little wait time for open seating and very timely service as well as nice menu choices. (But the guy on the last night in a t-shirt, jeans, and baseball cap was :eek:) Should have gone back to PG for a 4th time.....

Glacier Bay was fabulous, the weather was usually mostly cloudy with occasional little sprinkles no matter where we were. Only time we really felt ship movement were the first evening and the last day.

And lots of sales in the ports.

Did not get off in Victoria as the Princess ship had docked before us so we just watched the hoards disembarking from that big ship.

Went to the Captain's virtual bridge tour in the Vista Room, it was so informative and funny. Loved it.

All in all, great trip. (And really spoiled by the Neptune upsell we took!)

Great post!

Would someone please tell me who the Captain was? Sounds like an amenable guy!

Captain Vincent Smit, Hotel Director Santhosh Nair, and Cruise Director Sarah Koster-Claxton. I also have a listing of the other managers if anyone needs to know.

Also, Anniversary Sale 200 internet minutes translated to unlimited internet for the week.

Wishing I was still on-board.......doing laundry, grocery shopping, and cooking is such a let-down.

Edited by oceanmom

Captain Vincent Smit, Hotel Director Santhosh Nair, and Cruise Director Sarah Koster-Claxton. I also have a listing of the other managers if anyone needs to know.

Also, Anniversary Sale 200 internet minutes translated to unlimited internet for the week.

Wishing I was still on-board.......doing laundry, grocery shopping, and cooking is such a let-down.

Thank you!

If you have the time, I would be interested in any other managers you have.

What did you think of the CD?

Glad to read that you had a good cruise! I agree about the let-down!!

Does anyone know where the maitre'd could be found on embarkation day to confirm dining arrangements? I want to make every effort I can to get a table for 2.

Various assistant DR Managers hold the fort in the Explorers Lounge. They can be pretty busy that afternoon.

You might have better luck at Open seating downstairs, than Set upstairs, for a table for 2.

Edited by SilvertoGold

Staff captain Anton Rijkeboer

chief engineer Jarm-Jan Veenhoven

Security Paul Haggerty

Environmental Paul Baldwin

Culinary Oper. Yanko Ivanov

Beverage Lisa Salmons

Event Reggie Anthony

Purser Ruseno Hadi

Housekeeper Milind Kakohkar

Executive Chef Owen De Souza

Dining Room Hadi Prayitno

Guest Relations Eduardo Portero

Shore Excursions Lori Hammond

We don't do many of the shows or other events. Sarah was bubbly yet not overwhelming when we did see/hear her with a nice voice. Did not seem to be overbearing like some cruise directors could be. Jake ? who was an activities director or something was everywhere all the time. He did a nice tour of the ship.

There was no embarkation lunch in the MDR and the Behind the Scenes Tour was cancelled. Found out on the last day that the annual USCG and Canadian inspections happened last week and the ship "passed with flying colors."

Edited by oceanmom

Santosh was the Culinary Arts Manager in Alaska 2015 that arranged chocolate purses and those large decadant chocolate bomb desserts for CC members.

IMG_1329crop.jpg?i=1485146787

IMG_1608.jpg?i=1376731882

Santosh even joined fellow CC members in the PG to enjoy one of the chocolate bomb desserts. FWIW we had four waiters thanks to his presence at our large table.