9 Day Norwegian Dawn

We are looking to just get out of town for a quick last minute trip. We love cruising and have always been on Carnival or Royal Caribbean. There is an option for a 9-day cruise on the Norwegian Dawn, but I'm curious how different the dining is on the Norwegian over the other two and there seems to be mixed reviews. This I thought strange with all the hype about Norwegian over Carnival and RCCL in the past.

I have been on Norwegian, as well as Costa, Carnival, Princess, Celebrity, and Royal Caribbean. I have really enjoyed the food on Norwegian, particularly in the dining rooms (as opposed to buffet). I think some people go on cruises just to complain, so take others word for it that the food is not good. Some people are so picky too. The way I see it is that I eat better on a cruise, and with much more variety, than I do at home, so you can't go wrong. Also, the food is being prepared by someone other than myself, which already makes it good!

Of course food is subjective but our experience is that the MDR meals leave a lot to be desired. However, the specialty restaurants were excellent. We very much enjoyed the variety and quality of all of them. I would sail with NCL again if we had a specialty restaurant package.