Why Is the Wonder in PC?

GTO-Girl

Wonder first parked at a passenger terminal

not DCL's as it was 'occupied' (this is usually a CARNIVAL terminal)

later, Wonder shifted to a cargo terminal presumably for better crane and truck access.

b4 a dry dock {esp out of the US}, cruise ships often load a bunch of stuff to take with them to the dry dock .....

(editorial ..... dry dock is not really significant in this context .... the ship is entering a maintenance period which INCLUDES a dry dock ..... example, a 20 day maintenance period may include a 10 day dry dock ....)

Edited by Capt_BJ

(editorial ..... dry dock is not really significant in this context .... the ship is entering a maintenance period which INCLUDES a dry dock ..... example, a 20 day maintenance period may include a 10 day dry dock ....)

Sorry, I don't think I understand what you mean? This dry dock for the Wonder is a significant overhaul of the ship with major changes coming to many of the ships locations.

Sorry, I don't think I understand what you mean? This dry dock for the Wonder is a significant overhaul of the ship with major changes coming to many of the ships locations.

What Capt. BJ is saying is that a shipyard/maintenance periods do not always require a dry-docking for all days...it be all days, but all days may not be required.

Most of the re-imagination part of this Wonder shipyarding is above the water line and interior work and not underwater, so they may only have the vessel in the dry-dock for the time required for underwater inspection and work.

Now with that all said, the Magic was in the drydock for most her imagination shipyard period. The Magic had her entire hull stripped to bare metal.This maybe the same as with the Wonder.

AKK

What Capt. BJ is saying is that a shipyard/maintenance periods do not always require a dry-docking for all days...it be all days' date=' but all days may not be required.

Most of the re-imagination part of this Wonder shipyarding is above the water line and interior work and not underwater, so they may only have the vessel in the dry-dock for the time required for underwater inspection and work.

Now with that all said, the Magic was in the drydock for most her imagination shipyard period. The Magic had her entire hull stripped to bare metal.This maybe the same as with the Wonder.

AKK[/quote']

Gotcha, that makes perfect sense. I would imagine if they hadn't needed to do the duck tail it probably wouldn't be in dry dock for as long.