Carnival Splendor will return to Long Beach

Applealex

That's great news!!! Hope you were able to get the cabin you wanted. We booked Patti's favorite cabin # 7443. See you on board in 706 days!!:D

Since we are paying for the other 3, we got what we thought we should spend. We ended up with 7362. Hopefully, it's fairly quiet. :)

706 days can't come fast enough for me. :D

Patti

Since we are paying for the other 3, we got what we thought we should spend. We ended up with 7362. Hopefully, it's fairly quiet. :)

706 days can't come fast enough for me. :D

Patti

Boy I sound really snooty here. Didn't mean to come off that way.:o :o

I tried to edit, but couldn't do it.

I am very happy with our cabin choice.

Patti

When we did Jan. 2013 cruise to Hawaii we did two days in Oahu and missed Kauai because they said Splendor was too long to enter port

We were on that cruise, too. When we first booked Kauai was on the itinerary. When I happened to log in, I saw it had been changed to eliminate Kauai and an overnight in Honolulu had been substituted. (I had printed off my original documents. ) I was surprised that we had not been notified of the change so,I called. I was told that Kauai had denied the Splendor'a request to port because they feared the size of the ship would damage the coral.

Edited by Crusin5252

• 4 weeks later...

I have been on Splendor twice and still not been able to get on the Miracle. Loved the Spirit and Pride when they were in San Diego and wanted to try Miracle. It isn't in the cards as I don't have enough vacation time to add a Miracle cruise before she leaves and too hard to take 14 days off work to do a repositioning cruise in 2018.

Hey Jeff, right after I read your post, I messaged my TA.

Soooo~~~we are booked too ! :D DS, DIL, and GD are also booked.

Yes. we will not be going to Kauai, but we are going to Kona. Our last 2 Hawaii cruises have been with PCL, and they don't port in Kona, so it's all good. :)

Patti

I thought some ships don't port in Maui but instead tender in Lahaina on the other side of Maui. Why can't it do that? Their announcement in an earlier post mentioned it would stop in Maui. Seems odd that it can't tender in Lahaina. Kona is a tender port and one of my favorite ports. So beautiful.

I have been on Splendor twice and still not been able to get on the Miracle. Loved the Spirit and Pride when they were in San Diego and wanted to try Miracle. It isn't in the cards as I don't have enough vacation time to add a Miracle cruise before she leaves and too hard to take 14 days off work to do a repositioning cruise in 2018.

I thought some ships don't port in Maui but instead tender in Lahaina on the other side of Maui. Why can't it do that? Their announcement in an earlier post mentioned it would stop in Maui. Seems odd that it can't tender in Lahaina. Kona is a tender port and one of my favorite ports. So beautiful.

Yes, we are tendering in Lahaina as well as Kona. Maui is also our favorite island. We can't get enough of Hawaii. :)

Patti

I too wish we would get a different ship!

The Splendor was out here several years ago.

We had her booked but then she had problems, a fire or something and we didn't go.

I would certainly be interested in a Panama Canal repositioning cruise though!!:p

Your wish is granted! https://www.carnival.com/itinerary/13-day-panama-canal-cruise/miami/splendor/13-days/jp1?Military=N&PastGuest=N&Senior=N&evsel=j&numGuests=2&roomType=IS&sailDate=01142018