Carnival Splendor will return to Long Beach

Applealex

According to my PVP, Carnival is just going to build a ship specific to the Chinese market (because of the dramatic culture differences) rather than trying to renovate a current ship.

Carnival is certainly confused as to what they plan to do with China. First it was both Miracle and Splendor would be going. Then it was pushed back a year. Then Miracle isn't going at all (confirmed). And now apparently Legend is leaving Australia and doing China? They can't seem to make up their minds!!

It is the Spirit that is going to China. That was announced in May.

According to my PVP, Carnival is just going to build a ship specific to the Chinese market (because of the dramatic culture differences) rather than trying to renovate a current ship.

Carnival is certainly confused as to what they plan to do with China. First it was both Miracle and Splendor would be going. Then it was pushed back a year. Then Miracle isn't going at all (confirmed). And now apparently Legend is leaving Australia and doing China? They can't seem to make up their minds!!

China wants cruise ships for the Chinese market to be built in China. That hasn't changed. I think everything else is posturing

Most of the lines are gearing up for the Chinese market.

The Splendor has been out here before when she lost power and was adrift for days and had to have food and water supplied courtesy of the U.S.S. Reagan. Hopefully her deployment to the west coast will go more smoothly this time.

Bringing The Splendor back to LB shocks me because she did not have a good run sailing out of the West Coast.

In addition to the above she hit the Radiance of the Seas and then on a different sailing slammed into the rocks at Puerto Vallarta.

###

Edited by PhoenixCruiser

Spirit will be doing China seasonally, not Legend. At one time Carnival signed a deal with a Chinese shipbuilder, but I have heard no more about this since the deal was announced.

Splendor will be going to China in 2019 so no Guys or Blue Iguana

I'll be interested in the repo cruise if it goes through the canal. Sad that it will be the Splendor as I was hoping a 2.0'd ship would come to Long Beach. At least it's only there for roughly a year.

That doesn't make sense. Why spend all that money to reposition for only one year? And then spend more money to repo to China?

The Splendor is a nice ship. Miracle, not so much.

I actually liked the Miracle and not a big fan of the Splendor

That doesn't make sense. Why spend all that money to reposition for only one year? And then spend more money to repo to China?

It is easier to across the pacific to get to China then it is to sail across the Atlantic and then around Africa, through the Indian Ocean around India and the countries there to get to China on the Pacific coast. So why not move it for a year and then finish moving it a year later?

yeah, i agree too... was hoping for a newer ship... we already had splendor in long beach from before..

Dang. Was hoping for a Conquest or Dream class to come to LB. I sailed the Splendor last time she was in LB. Maybe a quick drydock for Guy's and Blue Iguana?

I guess I lucked out . . . cruised her once before the fire and twice after the fire ;). . . LOL. My favorite Carnival ship. Sure hope she's going to do the weekly run to the Mexican Riviera and not the spotty trade-off runs to the Riviera, Hawaii-to-Vancouver, Vancouver-to-Hawaii, Alaska destinations.

Will sure be nice to get a 7-dayer that doesn't require air travel.:D Currently pulling my hair out over a cruise on the Breeze out of Galveston . . . hate airlines.:(

I cruised on Splendor two weeks before the fire. LOL, I'm cruising on her again next month. Coincidence... it's the same week as before, although this one is going to be for eight days.

Seems a bit odd that they would consider the Vista to be a replacement for the Splendor.

Vista arrives in Miami later this year and Splendor will remain for more than a year after that, until Jan 2018?

Actually the Splendor will move to Ft. Lauderdale next year

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dang. Was hoping for a Conquest or Dream class to come to LB. I sailed the Splendor last time she was in LB. Maybe a quick drydock for Guy's and Blue Iguana?

Maybe when Splendor leaves Long Beach for China, a Conquest-class ship making the move. I would expect Horizon to be home ported at Port Everglades:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/travel/features/fl-port-everglades-carnival-new-deal-20160817-story.html

With Miracle in Tampa, I suppose Paradise would be CCL's second ship in Fort Lauderdale between Splendor's departure in January 2018 and Horizon's arrival in October/November 2018.

If Splendor leaves for China in 2019, I could see Conquest or Valor headed to Long Beach. Once the new ship due in 2020 arrives, Vista would then move to Port Everglades or Port Canaveral, and the new ship would be based in Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually the Splendor will move to Ft. Lauderdale next year

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually, I heard from my brother's next door neighbor's garbage man's wife's cousin's former roommate that the Splendor is going to Bakersfield. Which is odd, since Bakersfield doesn't even have a port...

When we did Jan. 2013 cruise to Hawaii we did two days in Oahu and missed Kauai because they said Splendor was too long to enter port

Enjoyed this same cruise to Hawaii. Would love to do the repo cruise on the Splendor.

Actually, I heard from my brother's next door neighbor's garbage man's wife's cousin's former roommate that the Splendor is going to Bakersfield. Which is odd, since Bakersfield doesn't even have a port...

This is not a rumor. There are already cruises being booked out of port everglades for 2017

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Edited by rtap23