Dawn-OV cabins that sleep 4 set up?

zaknzoey

I was wondering if anyone has stayed in any kind of OV cabin on Dawn that sleeps 4. I'm wondering what the bed set up is like.

Looks like we may have 4 of us going in December. Just before Christmas, we want to cruise cheap rather than not cruise at all. There would be one couple, one adult, and one child. So, we would need at least 3 beds. The main bed for the couple, and a bed each for the other two.

What kind of bed set up is in these cabins that sleep 4?

Thanks!

I haven't been on the Dawn in a very long time. If I remember correctly, the room we were in, had one bunk bed (in the ceiling), and a double bed that could be split into two twin beds. One of those beds had a "trundle" bed. The standard set up for the room was pretty much wall to wall beds for three and then one on the bunk.

An alternative set up for the room was to set the 3 twin beds into a "U-shape." I know people would bring a picture that could be found here on cruise critic for the room steward who wasn't familiar with the set up. I would assume at this point, the room stewards would be familiar with that set up. I think with your particular party this might be the way to go.

Thank you @cruizinwithkids! You know, now that you mention it, I remember seeing a picture of those "wall to wall" beds.

Does anyone know if there are ANY OV cabins that have 2 upper Pullman beds (or whatever they're called) that fold out from the wall or ceiling?

Thank you @cruizinwithkids! You know, now that you mention it, I remember seeing a picture of those "wall to wall" beds.

Does anyone know if there are ANY OV cabins that have 2 upper Pullman beds (or whatever they're called) that fold out from the wall or ceiling?

I do not think there are any ocean views that do. I believe the insides on deck 12 do though. They were added at a later date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a picture from Pearl's Oceanview, standard setup with bedding for 4. Upper bunk from the ceiling/wall has a weight limit of 250 lbs as FYI, for safety reasons and look closely, there's guard railing. Foam mattress used is same as those on the lower beds and in fact, firmer - good for some sleeper & less "worn" out. [emoji14]

http://cdn.sixthman.net/images/norwegian/pearl/cabins/quad-ocean-view.jpg

(They are pretty much the same setup for the Dawn, Jewel, Gem & Star, etc. and also square footage-wise. Insides are smaller & feel even tighter for 4, but it is entirely livable for a family sailing KSF on a budget.) The 1/2 sized night stand/end table, to save space, is usually put away & stored under the bed (plentiful tall ... where you can store everyone's luggage) ;)

If the trestle bed's foam mattress is a little thin or feel too soft, ask the RS to find or get a foam topper or egg crate, as that will help (same for the other beds ... being recently out of drydock, I can only assume the mattresses were replaced with new ones for comfort, as it's been in service for over 13 years)

To avoid this "wall-to-wall" bedding with little room to move around & sit, the U-shape setup for the lower beds can be done, keep this as a reference & ask the Room Steward to do this when s/he has time later in the day/evening on embarkation day, once the hectic turnaround is over. Picture/layout is from the similar Inside staterooms, but you can have the RS do this with the Oceanview.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=10993278&postcount=23

I've enhanced & enlarged the "attachment" pix as that's sometimes difficult to see, here:

eda9ebcfae0d93d24aba5b090ae488ed.jpg

Edited by mking8288

I do not think there are any ocean views that do. I believe the insides on deck 12 do though. They were added at a later date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is my belief as well. From what I've seen, most of the new insides, if not all for Dawn/Star, have the two beds on the wall plus the two on the floor.