Radiance of the Seas questions

timfan27

My family and sister's family are doing an Alaska cruise next summer. We have some questions on some excursions. We are limiting our options to only Royal sponsored tours. We have been on a few cruises where we were late coming into ports due to medical emergencies and we do not want to have to worry about rescheduling or missing one of the independent tours. We are currently looking at:

In Juneau - Pilot's choice glacier explorer

Skagway - looking for suggestions

Icy Strait - Whale and Marine Mammals cruise

Ketchikan - Exclusive Private Air Tour

I understand that some of these are expensive and we can probably get them cheaper, but we don't feel comfortable with possible missing them.

Also - does anyone know how much each of the specialty restaurants cost?

Thanks for any help. I am sure there will be more as we go along.

I had thought about putting these question in the Alaska forum, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of Royal Caribbean information there.

We have yet to do an Alaska Cruise, so can't help you with the Ports, however, have you joined your Roll Call for your cruise. There you can get with others for group tours and they possibly could help you with the Ports & tours. I am not sure of the current pricing for the Specialty restaurants but I think around $25 to 30.

Thanks for the ideas. I was wondering if anyone had actually taken any of the tours we were looking at and if they had any comments on them. This is trip to celebrate my sister and brother-in-laws 25th anniversary, so we want it to be memorable.

As for the specialty restaurants, my cruise planner says bookings are not available yet. Guess we will need to wait until it gets closer.

• 5 weeks later...

We've booked several however none are with RCCL. Just look at what you like to do and go from there. I use a white board, write down dates and where we will be and book accordingly. I've done this on many, many cruises and never a problem or concern. One was cancelled and money returned due to weather.

One that looks great is the newly renovated and reopened after 17 months is the Alaska State Museum. We cannot wait.

• 2 months later...