Live From Freedom 9/11/2016

Ander026

Robert,

Could you please look at my post #11 & #12 above regarding the mattress and a foam topper? I believe there are two of us awaiting your reply. Thanks.

I was on 8/28, no toppers as a last minute request. you should contact special needs in advance. FWIW, the steward doctored our mattress with extra duvets and it was very comfortable.

Robert,

Could you please look at my post #11 & #12 above regarding the mattress and a foam topper? I believe there are two of us awaiting your reply. Thanks.

I have never had any problems with the mattreses. So I have never asked for the toppers or egg crates.

I have always found the mattresses to confortable.

Well as day 2 is winding down here is what happened today,

I got up and was at breakfast by 0900. After that it was time to check out a future cruise and then head to Meet and Mingle.

IMG_5482_zpstutxax32.jpg

Notice the appointment book out front. This book was there the entire cruise including embarkation. They run this so much better on Freedom than they do on many other ships. I had two ok, to annoying experiences on Jewel and one OK experience at the next cruise on a couple of other ships, but I had a great experience here, I still remember Anna from Spain earning my WOW card for that cruise.

Hi & thanks for posting the live thread, we'll be boarding Freedom in November.

While looking at some of the pics you've posted, it made me wonder if you've had the chance to get into any of the pools yet, and if so was the water chilly? The last few times I've been on Oasis and Allure the pool water has felt chilly, at least a lot chillier than I'm used to (85). Just curios if it was the same way for you on Freedom since Oasis/Freedom Classes have fresh water pools.

Anyway, I hope you have a great time and looking forward to seeing and reading more!:)

Hi & thanks for posting the live thread, we'll be boarding Freedom in November.

While looking at some of the pics you've posted, it made me wonder if you've had the chance to get into any of the pools yet, and if so was the water chilly? The last few times I've been on Oasis and Allure the pool water has felt chilly, at least a lot chillier than I'm used to (85). Just curios if it was the same way for you on Freedom since Oasis/Freedom Classes have fresh water pools.

Anyway, I hope you have a great time and looking forward to seeing and reading more!:)

Fred,

The pool maybe a bit chillier on embarkation day in November. I am assuming this is a Port Everglade trip? On our last Freedom cruise they totally replaced the water overnight before we boarded and it was a bit chilly the first day, but its shallow enough that in the bright Caribbean sun, it warms up fast.

In this photo taken Embarkation day 2015 they were still filling/aerating the pool as we boarded. The air temp that day was 72 at 11am. The water wasn't much warmer, but by the morning of day 2 it was perfect.

solariumday1.jpg

Fred,

The pool maybe a bit chillier on embarkation day in November. I am assuming this is a Port Everglade trip? On our last Freedom cruise they totally replaced the water overnight before we boarded and it was a bit chilly the first day, but its shallow enough that in the bright Caribbean sun, it warms up fast.

In this photo taken Embarkation day 2015 they were still filling/aerating the pool as we boarded. The air temp that day was 72 at 11am. The water wasn't much warmer, but by the morning of day 2 it was perfect.

solariumday1.jpg

Exactly, embarking in PE.

Replacing the water the morning before the next cruise seems to be the M.O. on Oasis as well. It feels like crawling into a pool of cold tap water on day 1.:o

Oh well, if it's the same on Freedom, I'll just wait until at least day 2 before trying out the pools.

Thanks, Bill!!

I also have always thought the beds were comfortable. But I havent sailed on Freedom in 3 years. Have they changed something?

There have been reports of hard/uncomfortable mattresses. Also, reports of requesting a foam topper from special needs with success and failure. I would say the mattress quality is somewhat subjective.

Is the 10 drinks for $70 offered as well as the coffee card? If so which day did the offer begin?

Thanks for your reports.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I have not been paying real close attention to the drink package offerings, since I had pre-purchased a package, but do not recall seeing either offered yet. Maybe Robert has been checking more closely!

Dan.

Is the 10 drinks for $70 offered as well as the coffee card? If so which day did the offer begin?

Thanks for your reports.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I have not been paying attention either. I don't recall seeing anything.

I have not been paying attention either. I don't recall seeing anything.

As of today, day 4, they were still pushing drink packages. Maybe they will roll out the cards when you cannot buy the packages anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we are in day 4 of this cruise as we have arrived in Jamaica. I will have pics later on today.

As far a yesterday went we were in Labedee, Haiti.

IMG_5487_zpstezuhkvr.jpg

Once of the ship I went to the Dragons breath rocks. At one time we were able to walk all the way to the rocks.

IMG_5496_zpsul4497aa.jpg

After that and a Labordoozee, I headed for a drink then lunch over by the Schooner Bar.

IMG_5499_zpsb3gygiwm.jpg

After lunch I headed toward Columbus Cove.

IMG_5500_zps33njhv4p.jpg

Then it was back to the ship for the evening activities

IMG_5505_zpslkchytyx.jpg

IMG_5506_zps6bbl5rd0.jpg