BOARDWALK and CENTRAL PARK CABINS

Dave4120

I

Since this will be our first time on this size of ship, I'm not sure what to do. Even though I have a disability, but not a 100% full blown disability, I'm trying to figure out the advantage or disadvantage between a far aft cabin that is non accessible versus an accessible cabin just a few rooms away.

I'm assuming if we took a Central Park cabin there is no advantage or disadvantage between accessible and non accessible cabins because I think, you can't see out the back of the ship from a Central Park cabin???

The only thing I've read about a Central Park cabin is that when you sit outside your room, it is much warmer without a lot of moving air flow.

Not sure how true that is, even though I think my wife might prefer the beauty of the Central Park feel below us versus a more carnival atmosphere below us with a Boardwalk cabin.

Seems unless you can get the far back cabin in a Boardwalk room to see the view of the water and the theater below, a Central Park room isn't a bad choice either???

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Go with the non accessible, that way you are leaving an accessible room open for someone who absolutely cannot be in a non accessible room. Have fun.

All great information, and, the photos are a big help.

Just to verify...you can see the water out the back of the ship with a Boardwalk cabin, but with a Central Park cabin, it's enclosed above and, at the back???????

Thanks

Pardon me for being a bit dense. Am I understanding correctly that Central Park area and the Boardwalk area just flow into each other??

Meaning Central Park is in the middle of the particular deck with the Central Park cabins also more in the middle of the deck, then, the Boardwalk area follows where it ends at the back of the ship with all Boardwalk cabins also toward the back??

Pardon me for being a bit dense. Am I understanding correctly that Central Park area and the Boardwalk area just flow into each other??

Meaning Central Park is in the middle of the particular deck with the Central Park cabins also more in the middle of the deck, then, the Boardwalk area follows where it ends at the back of the ship with all Boardwalk cabins also toward the back??...

No, the areas do not flow into each other.

CP is on deck 8, and is between the forward and aft centrums.

Boardwalk is on deck 6 and is between the aft end of the ship and the aft centrum.

Even if they were both on the same deck, they would be separated by the aft centrum.

Hi Everyone...we have decided to book a Boardwalk cabin on the Allure after taking advantage of all your help.

We plan on booking Deck 11. Here are the cabins available. If anyone has a thought on an advantage or disadvantage with one cabin over another, please let me know.

Someone also said your balcony can get wet if it rains??? Or did I misunderstand something?

Would also like to find out what cabin has the bed near the balcony versus next to the closet.

Available cabins

11329 and 11729 are taken. Maybe 11327 is next best??

Dave

Edited by Dave4120

My daughter and I sailed this past February in a Central Park Balcony Cabin on the Oasis, and we loved it! It was so soothing to look out at the greenery. We were on Deck 10 - lowest deck with balconies - high enough that people walking through didn't really notice us when we were out on our balcony.

We sat out some during the day, and definitely in the evening. We played Scrabble and card games - except for one night when it was too windy. We have a CP booked on the Harmony for next February. I was happy to see that the CP & BW balconies have the nice sized table we found on Oasis, while Harmony has opted for a much smaller and lower table on the Ocean View Balconies - primarily for setting a drink on I assume.

Only one day out of seven was the music from the pool deck loud enough that we closed the balcony door to take a nap. Every evening there was a piano/violin duo playing in the middle of Central Park. Lovely to listen to - along with the previously mentioned "crickets".

I don't do well walking long distances, so we chose a balcony near the aft elevators, which gave us relatively easy access to most of the complimentary dining. When we wanted to go to a show at the other end of the ship, my daughter pushed me through Central Park or The Promenade in a folding wheelchair I took along.

We never found the balcony too warm for sitting out, and the balconies across the way didn't seem that intrusive. It was easy to close the drape for a few minutes while dressing. In fact, unless it was after dark and you had the lights on in your room, I doubt that anyone could do much peeping at you.

Thanks for s nice the-assuring take on a CP cabin. With so many people having different personalities and expectations, it sometimes gets more confusing what type of cabin to get and what location.

At the moment, for whatever reason, I'm in a state of confusion because a CP and BW both sound positive with possibly a couple of concerns.

A Promenade cabin has its pluses and minuses too, as does an Ocean View balcony cabin on Deck 6 near the Schooner Lounge that our friends have suggested.

So...decisions, decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL, very true - I find sometimes deciding what ship to sail is far easier than what cabin:). I've been enjoying your thread, some great info and points of view. I'm a die-hard Boardwalk but Grandma P's post has me wondering if I should give CP a try. If you do go w/the BW - either 727s would be good.

Well we are on oasis right now. Have done Boardwalk twice and loved it. We have to get accessible and BW cabins are on 14th deck and no problem to me with noise Now this time thought I would try CP cabin also on 14. Well listen to my video. It is the worse cabin we have had in over 80 cruises. I might has well be inside balcony is unlivable.

Sounds like engine room to me. Ship full no change available. https://vimeo.com/182411907

Wow...all the noise. Are you saying that either an accessible CP or, BW cabin on deck 14 is terrible and noisy? Or, the BW accessible cabin on deck 14 is fine but the CP accessible cabins on deck 14 are noisy ones. You would think they'd all be noisy then on deck 14.

The BW cabins that end in 727 on deck 11 seem to be good as far as you can tell?

I wonder if your experience holds true in the same cabins and on the same decks on The Allure.

Still hoping someone has some thoughts on cabin 6232 accessible in The Allure if we decide to go the Ocean View route versus a BW or CP cabin.

Thanks

OK Everyone... I will stop driving all of you crazy after this post.

After a few days of driving myself and all of you nuts, we have decided that we are game, and are going to book a Central Park Balcony cabin on deck 11. We are D+ members and the Diamond Lounge is also on this deck making it convenient.

My final questions before I call and book the cabin are:

1...is there any one cabin or location on deck 11 that is better than another

2...can anyone point out what cabins have the bed near the balcony and

not the closet?

I'm sacrificing not taking an accessible cabin to see and enjoy this beautiful Central Park, but feel more comfortable with my back issues of not having the bed near the closet that would make it even more difficult for me to negotiate in that area by the closet.

Thank-you all again for all of your help and patience, especially with my redundancy and indecisiveness on what cabin and location to choose.

Dave

Someone has a post and they listed every cabin number and whether or not the bed is by the closet or balcony. I am in shock that someone took all thus time to,do that. I thought I had OCD. Lol

Dave. Farther down in CP is better. From discussion with guest services one cabin from us on 14 are all the pool pumps. And above us is a pump for kiddie lazy river pool. So I think that deck 12 would be bad. Right under pumps. If you look at pic of CP you will notice balconies in the middle of 14 on both sides that are not really cabins. That is where pump rooms are. You actually hear all the pumps in hallway. Go to 11 at least. Relaxing now but unfortunately not on our balcony.

But we did enjoy the accessible on Boardwalk 14. We were there 2 times.

Thanks so much Donna for the info. If you don't mind, just a couple of questions.

If we do a CP room are you saying it's better to get the room further down heading in the aft direction?

Do you deck 10 or 11 would be OK in a CP cabin?

And, if we took an accessible BW cabin on deck 14, are you saying it's not that bad with noise from the above deck 14 that has the pool and tons of other activities?

I've read good and bad about Deck 14.

Thanks so much.

Dave

Dave the accessible BW cabins are under actually where the zip line landing is and the golf. I never had a problem

Now to add salt to the wound we just got back to cabin at 10:30pm after 70's party to a strange noise in the wall. I went out in hall and heard it inside the wall to our cabin. Called maintenance. Well they called back and said they are draining the water out of pools. Unbelievable. This late at nite. Never never the Central Park. I am totally frustrated at this point.

Definitely another trip to guest services.

Edited by DonnaMW

We have decided to go with an accessible cabin on either deck 6, 9, 10 or 12.

Not sure what deck is better or, if it doesn't matter.

On deck 6. The Boardwalk deck the cabin 6232 is in the middle of the ship behind the Schooner Lounge area, while the cabin on the other decks are more forward near the elevator.

Hoping someone has been in or near any of these accessible cabins to advise about the deck area, noise, view, etc.