Taking water on board Emerald Princess

Dorset Cruiser

I know the tap water is free and perfectly fine to drink and I do drink it in the MDR but I don't drink water out of my own bathroom tap and I won't drink it out of a tap in the cabin bathroom.

The water in the MDR is the same water as in the bathroom tap. Am curious, does OP have 2 water systems in his house, one for the kitchen sink which is used for cooking and drinking and another system for his bathroom tap since he won't use it for drinking. Just asking.

I just asked a simple question and yet again someone feels the need to make a snide comment. I really wish I hadn't bothered ☹️. Whatever, water from the bathroom tap on the ship comes out brackish (to my taste) and sometimes even discoloured and I would never drink it in any volume - its just something I personally would not do. What others do is purely up to them. I like bottled water - must do as I do not mind searching it out and paying for it on port stops, and carrying it back onboard.

Thanks to those of you who answered my very simple question of whether the water policy is still the same as when I last travelled Princess in 2013. I am not a novice cruiser and have over 35 cruises completed and Elite with Princess and I always drink bottled water in my cabin.

Oh by the way Friscoonetwo I am a 'she' 😉

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Do you think that whatever happens in the bathroom goes up the water faucet? If you are really worried about bathroom stuff in the faucet, run it for a minute before you fill your glass.

DON

Please see my response to Friscoonetwo - its all down to my personal foible about water coming out of a bathroom tap but I do have a basic knowledge of plumbing and sewage 😂. It probably stems from childhood when we did not drink water from bathroom taps as that water came from tanks in our attic and not straight from the mains. Imagine if something nasty crawled in there and died 😱

I'm fussy about water but I love ship water. It's produced on board and all water is the same. As far as I'm aware, the cabin water is the same as the water anywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have very often had black water coming out of the tap in my bathroom onboard a ship ☹️

Certainly not the 24 for $6.99, in fact pretty sure no bottled water package at all.

Princess has a bottled water package which is much cheaper than a lot of the other cruise lines. I think about $8.95 AUS and it's in the personaliser under beverage packages. It's much easier than lugging water aboard for those who prefer bottled water over always available tap water.

Princess has a bottled water package which is much cheaper than a lot of the other cruise lines. I think about $8.95 AUS and it's in the personaliser under beverage packages. It's much easier than lugging water aboard for those who prefer bottled water over always available tap water.

Not anymore they don't.

Look again GUT :) I can buy the water package on my Aug 2017 cruise for $8.97AUS

Just looked yet again, all they're offering on my December cruise is sida and more and coffee card, maybe they are reintroducing it next year or something, but certainly not available for Emerald Princess Dec this year, my Princess consultant has confirmed this yet again today.

Just looked yet again, all they're offering on my December cruise is sida and more and coffee card, maybe they are reintroducing it next year or something, but certainly not available for Emerald Princess Dec this year, my Princess consultant has confirmed this yet again today.

Where's your cruise?

The water in the MDR is the same water as in the bathroom tap. Am curious, does OP have 2 water systems in his house, one for the kitchen sink which is used for cooking and drinking and another system for his bathroom tap since he won't use it for drinking. Just asking.

My observation is that the water in the lido and mdr is taste filtered,

and served with ice (or with ice available).

In my house, I have city water, and I also have taste filtered chilled

water from a dispenser built into the refrigerator. The city water is

quite warm, typically about 70F.

While it is the same water source, I far prefer to drink the chilled, filtered water.

Just answering.

How strange. The water package was available on both our cruises out of Sydney earlier this year.

And I'm told they stopped it earlier this year not sure when, but three Princess staff have told me "no longer available".

And I'm told they stopped it earlier this year not sure when, but three Princess staff have told me "no longer available".

"no longer available" out of Sydney? Beacuse it's obviously still going to be available out of other ports. In my case until our Oct cruise 2018.

Look again GUT :) I can buy the water package on my Aug 2017 cruise for $8.97AUS

We are on Emerald repositioning cruise to Sydney which starts in Southampton but we pick it up in Singapore. The package is available for about £4.95 for 12 x 500ml bottles (I can get them for £2 in the UK 😒). Will carry on a couple of 2 litre bottles in Singapore and then restock at ports of call.

Does Regal have either Perrier or Pellegrino? Can I also bring Pellegrino on board during embarkation?

I recall only seeing Perrier & you can bring as much San Pellegrino (or water, soda) that you want during embarkation or from ports of call.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I recall only seeing Perrier & you can bring as much San Pellegrino (or water, soda) that you want during embarkation or from ports of call.

Hey Frank-

You can order SP in the MDR in large bottles for about $4.00 and at the bars in small bottles at $3.00.

I drink a lot of SP. :rolleyes:

Hey Frank-

You can order SP in the MDR in large bottles for about $4.00 and at the bars in small bottles at $3.00.

I drink a lot of SP. :rolleyes:

Thanks Tracie...I forgot about the SP being available in the dining rooms & bars. :o

It's much healthier to drink a lot of SP than a lot of soda. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Is this still allowed? Getting conflicting answers.

it may be allowed, but you can buy a 12 pack for $6 pre-cruise. It will waiting for you in your cabin. For that price, it's not worth hauling it yourself. You can Oder more than one 12 pack!

Check your cruise personalizer webpage where you can buy liquor, water is at the bottom.