What happened to drink package?

pop5

Drink packages changed last week. All the names changed.

Refreshment is now Classic Soda

Replenish is now Refreshment

Select is gone

Premium is gone

Ultimate is now Deluxe

Edited by clarea

I also went online to check pricing of Deluxe just now as someone said last week theirs actually went down to $44/night. The Deluxe is not showing up as an option on either of my reservations. No alcohol package at all is available.

Only soda, bottled water and refreshment packages. I wonder if they took the Deluxe down to end the 20% off???

I also went online to check pricing of Deluxe just now as someone said last week theirs actually went down to $44/night. The Deluxe is not showing up as an option on either of my reservations. No alcohol package at all is available.

Only soda, bottled water and refreshment packages. I wonder if they took the Deluxe down to end the 20% off???

Disappeared from our cruise as well, but was still in my cart from when I was checking prices yesterday. Went ahead and bought just in case they do end the 20% off, but I would guess it's more likely to be a technical glitch. We'll see though

Went online to look at my reservation and add another drink package. Says they no longer are offering it but will honor those already bought. What is going on?

It's like going to a store to buy a matching table to the living room you bought and discover it is discontinued and not available.....Drink packages are a product that can change any day, and go on sale, or have sale removed any day.

New packages. Old ones are being honored if purchased already. 20% is a sale price, and of course can be on the new packages just as much as it was on the old package.

The beer and wine package is expired. The other two top packages were combined as one, having all the same benefits as the top tier package.

I sure wouldn't want to be a HTTL programmer for RCCL with all the changes they make and the differences between Ships and Dates. Must be an IT nightmare.

Should be all database driven as far as itinerary changes, no HTML changes.

The big changes are when they decide we don't need to seach for specififc staterooms anymore.

Deluxe package is listed under the beverages tab again, still at the 20% off $44 price point.

When I add it to my cart, it shows without gratuities. Do they get added to your account automatically, or do you pay them when you purchase each drink?

Gratuities will be added to the package when you check-out. No extra gratuities are added per drink, unless you exceed the package limit on a particular drink.

Just went in to take a look and I see 20% off the Deluxe! Which looks like ultimate now?? I've been researching and number crunching the drink packages for our 2/2017 cruise. Looks like the 20% off might have sealed the deal.

Yes, Deluxe is the new name for what used to be called Ultimate.

Last week I went to buy the beer package for my husband and had to re figure to see if it would be worth if for our 7 day cruise next July. Based the number of beers he will drink on our Caribbean cruise it was still worth it. However it is cheaper for our 15 day TA the following August at $44 + gratuity vs $46 for the Caribbean.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I just bought the Deluxe with the 20% off in case they end the offer. I saw some other posts that said they added gratuity during check out to it - it didn't do that for me this time?? Will I still pay the 18% gratuity at some point?

Nope, you're done, they don't add gratuity after the initial purchase. Maybe you got the benefit of some website bug.

Last week I went to buy the beer package for my husband and had to re figure to see if it would be worth if for our 7 day cruise next July. Based the number of beers he will drink on our Caribbean cruise it was still worth it. However it is cheaper for our 15 day TA the following August at $44 + gratuity vs $46 for the Caribbean.

For our Caribbean cruise on Harmony this January it is $48 per person. Was hoping to see the $44 others have reported, but no such luck.