Madeira cruise terminal.

buddymum

Last time we visited Madeira in 2003 I believe there was a new cruise terminal bring built. At that time the cruise ships berthed very near to the cable car. Could anyone tell me if they still berth here and if not where, and how far away from the centre of Funchal

Only small ships stop at the berth near the cable car and only when other berths have been taken up. I never seen a P&O ship berth anywhere other than on the main pier which is shuttle bus ride away from the edge of town.

If you look at the Madeira port webcams you'll see what I mean.

Last time we visited Madeira in 2003 I believe there was a new cruise terminal bring built. At that time the cruise ships berthed very near to the cable car. Could anyone tell me if they still berth here and if not where, and how far away from the centre of Funchal

Yes on the other side of the harbour. A 20 to 25 min walk. I can scooter it in 20 mins.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Only small ships stop at the berth near the cable car and only when other berths have been taken up. I never seen a P&O ship berth anywhere other than on the main pier which is shuttle bus ride away from the edge of town.

If you look at the Madeira port webcams you'll see what I mean.

As I said it was over 13 years ago when we last went there. Thank you for the information.