Not all mini suites available for 3 pax?

HawksFan74

Looking at booking a mini suite for 3 on the 1/21 Ruby sailing. When I search available mid-ship cabins, I see this:

MiniSuite3_zpsnvsspmxa.jpg

However, when I search for a 2 passenger cabin, I get this:

MiniSuite2_zpsga5olfck.jpg

I thought all mini suites came with a sofa bed and could sleep 3. Did something change?

They are all capable of holding three people (and sometimes more). But once an area of the ship is close to hitting the maximum lifeboat load for the lifeboat(s) assigned to that area, the number of additional passengers for that area will be limited to 2 people per cabin. And once the entire ship closes in on the lifeboat capacity, no more cabins will be bookable for 3 people. There are times when I researched cruises and Inside and Balcony cabins were available to be booked for 3 people, but the larger Mini-Suites could not. Seemed odd to me. But the answer was that the Insides and Balconies were in regions of the ship were an additional passenger could be accommodated, but the Mini-Suites were not. And then, eventually, no cabin in the ship would accommodate 3 people.

Some sofas are just that and not convertible thus not allowed to be used as a berth.

Irrespective of whether the third person would be accommodated in the pull-out sofa or from a Pullman, according to the cruise Atlas, there isn't a single Mini-Suite that does not have either a triangle or a circle indicating its ability to hold a third person. There is no such thing as a Mini-Suite that is organically limited to two people.

Irrespective of whether the third person would be accommodated in the pull-out sofa or from a Pullman, according to the cruise Atlas, there isn't a single Mini-Suite that does not have either a triangle or a circle indicating its ability to hold a third person. There is no such thing as a Mini-Suite that is organically limited to two people.

Maybe on paper, we have sailed in many for 2 only. No berth in the ceiling or sofa. Maybe they added some recently?

I believe that those mini's are for Club Class and I think that Club Class only allows for 2 adults per cabin. That is so when you eat in your special part of the dining room, they will have enough tables for the 28 mini suites and the 24 suites.

We will know more after January as we have booked the Emerald in that class.

Jennie

I believe that those mini's are for Club Class and I think that Club Class only allows for 2 adults per cabin. That is so when you eat in your special part of the dining room, they will have enough tables for the 28 mini suites and the 24 suites.

Nope. Just priced out a CLCL Mini-Suite for 3 people and it was definitely bookable. The CLCL Minis are definitely capacity controlled because when trying to book for 3 people, only the first and last cabins (closest to the MB cabins) were bookable, but when trying to book for 2 people, every single CLCL cabin was available. What would be interesting to know is what would happen if a party of 2 booked one of the Minis listed as being available for 3 people. Would it become impossible for a party for 3 to then book a cabin or would one of the other Minis then shift over and become bookable for 3 people.

Edited by JimmyVWine