My fly to fun was cancelled !

Desinico

I received an email earlier today wanted me to confirm my cruise information. So I thought meh it's just an email probably because I'm under the 90 day mark. Ahhh but there's more! I just so happened to notice another link within the email with my flight info on and my flight was cancelled ! My arrival into port canaveral was changed completely. So of course I call carnival immediately to find out what happened. There response pretty much to my surprise is oh well! I just paid for fttf. But what's the point now? I will be getting to the port while general boarding is still going on. I know I've seen where others have said even with fttf there room still isn't ready when they board. I would be livid btw if that took place along with that. They have other flights but now the prices are astronomical! It's slim Pickens now for flights in the morning. Is this a normal practice that they just don't care and don't try. Sorry for the rant, I'm just extremely disappointed as to how it was handled. They shouldn't be offering this if they can't help when something like this happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Desinico

I've never used their airfare thing. I'm too much of a control freak. Can you change it to the day before? I always go the day before for this very reason. Delays/cancellations happen all the time.

Yea I am too! Lol. Regardless what I chose, from my understanding I will incur the extra cost for it. I'm not cool with that. I booked this trip this way so I could get more time to pay my trip and know it's set. I booked it back in May. I've been checking other flights and they are super expensive now.

Edited by Desinico

Yea I am too! Lol. Regardless what I chose, from my understanding I will incur the extra cost for it. I'm not cool with that. I booked this trip this way so I could get more time to pay my trip and know it's set. I booked it back in May. I've been checking other flights and they are super expensive now.

Sorry to hear that. It might be worth paying the difference for peace of mind. God forbid your new flight is delayed and you miss the ship. I would be a nervous wreck the whole time. At least you know what not to do for the next cruise.

Sorry to hear that. It might be worth paying the difference for peace of mind. God forbid your new flight is delayed and you miss the ship. I would be a nervous wreck the whole time. At least you know what not to do for the next cruise.

Yea I will never in life use the service again and never recommend it.

Do you have flexible or restricted fare?

I thought Fly2Fun came with flight protection..

"Fly2Fun PROTECTION

When you book Fly2Fun you automatically receive our complimentary flight protection. This offers protection in the event you experience travel disruptions resulting from weather conditions or other flight delays that cause you to miss your ship on the day of embarkation. We will make the necessary flight, hotel and/or ground transportation arrangements to get you to the next port of call on time at no expense to you. In other words, we take the worry out of air travel so that you can enjoy your vacation as soon as you leave your home. This benefit applies to both our Flexible Fare or Restricted Fare products."

"Fly2Fun PROTECTION

When you book Fly2Fun you automatically receive our complimentary flight protection. This offers protection in the event you experience travel disruptions resulting from weather conditions or other flight delays that cause you to miss your ship on the day of embarkation. We will make the necessary flight, hotel and/or ground transportation arrangements to get you to the next port of call on time at no expense to you. In other words, we take the worry out of air travel so that you can enjoy your vacation as soon as you leave your home. This benefit applies to both our Flexible Fare or Restricted Fare products."

I wouldn't want to miss one day or more of my cruise or be stressed about getting there and jumping through hoops. So while some may find that benefit useful, I'm either getting on the ship the first day or I'm staying home.

I remember looking into Celebrity's air program once and I could find my own airfare much cheaper and could pick my own flights. I don't like middlemen and that's one reason why I don't use a TA either. I want 100% control of my plans.

I really hope OP can get this taken care of. I know what it's like to stress about vacation and it's no fun at all. I wish I had some answers, but I don't have any experience with this so unfortunately I don't.

"Fly2Fun PROTECTION

There thing is if they get you there before the boat leaves then they don't care. The times they are giving me are within the same airline but way later then what I'm comfortable with.

I wouldn't want to miss one day or more of my cruise or be stressed about getting there and jumping through hoops. So while some may find that benefit useful, I'm either getting on the ship the first day or I'm staying home.

I remember looking into Celebrity's air program once and I could find my own airfare much cheaper and could pick my own flights. I don't like middlemen and that's one reason why I don't use a TA either. I want 100% control of my plans.

I really hope OP can get this taken care of. I know what it's like to stress about vacation and it's no fun at all. I wish I had some answers, but I don't have any experience with this so unfortunately I don't.

I'm glad you see where I'm coming from. I'll update tomorrow once I've found out from the department that handles flights. The agents they have working aren't concerned.

I'm glad you see where I'm coming from. I'll update tomorrow once I've found out from the department that handles flights. The agents they have working aren't concerned.

I wonder what would happen if you contacted the airline directly? I don't know if they would help you because you booked through Carnival much like Carnival won't discuss your booking with you when you use a TA, but it might be worth a try.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and please keep us updated. Try not to worry too much. I know it's easier said than done and when monkey wrenches get thrown in my plans, I am a hot mess.

I wonder what would happen if you contacted the airline directly? I don't know if they would help you because you booked through Carnival much like Carnival won't discuss your booking with you when you use a TA, but it might be worth a try.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and please keep us updated. Try not to worry too much. I know it's easier said than done and when monkey wrenches get thrown in my plans, I am a hot mess.

I called American they refused to advise me anything other then my flight was cancelled. Carnival didn't give a d***, they were still trying to offer me that 12:30. My friends and I agreed that is way to close to comfort. All I got from this is fake apologizes. But, after some searching for a few hours I found 2 direct flights on United. I save money and my sanity. I was able to add a extra day to my trip and fly in the day before also. Thank goodness for extra vacation days!!! So I paid for it now and I'm all set! [emoji28]f2f is a hot mess!

Edited by Desinico

My thoughts exactly which is why I dont even bother flying at all and drive to all my cruises and arrive at least one day before the ship leaves. Airlines are a complete joke now and so expensive, TSA is nothing but a pain in the *** and thankfully I live within 8 hours of several homeports. I book 7 day cruises because i want 7 days onboard! Not spending 2 or 3 of those trying to catch up to the ship if I miss a flight!

I called American they refused to advise me anything other then my flight was cancelled. Carnival didn't give a d***, they were still trying to offer me that 12:30. My friends and I agreed that is way to close to comfort. All I got from this is fake apologizes. But, after some searching for a few hours I found 2 direct flights on United. I save money and my sanity. I was able to add a extra day to my trip and fly in the day before also. Thank goodness for extra vacation days!!! So I paid for it now and I'm all set! [emoji28]f2f is a hot mess!

Glad you got it straight! Is Carnival refunding you the original airfare?

Yea I will never in life use the service again and never recommend it.

The fly to fun service is not the issue. Choosing a flight the morning of your cruise is. Had you booked directly with the airline you could have still had the same issue. Airlines frequently cancel and adjust schedules. You always have the risk of schedule changes. You anger with Carnival is misplaced.

Glad you got it straight! Is Carnival refunding you the original airfare?

Fortunately final payment is due next week so I hadn't gave them money for the flight yet. Who knows what would have happened with that!

Edited by Desinico

The fly to fun service is not the issue. Choosing a flight the morning of your cruise is. Had you booked directly with the airline you could have still had the same issue. Airlines frequently cancel and adjust schedules. You always have the risk of schedule changes. You anger with Carnival is misplaced.

^^^^^ This

I think my anger is valid on both sides. I'm sure you'd be upset to. Me leaving day off wasn't ideal but that was my only option at the time.

I do agree that flying in the day of your cruise is a huge risk and I wouldn't voluntarily do it. But if you book direct with the airline and they cancel your flight or change the times, they are flexible about rebooking you without hassle. At least that has been my experience.

From what I have seen, Carnival chooses your flights so I don't even know if they give you the option of flying in the day before. I admit that I've never used this service so is am unfamiliar with all the ins and outs.

I think the problem is that Carnival was the middleman and they wanted to point fingers at the airline, and vice versa. That's the way I take it anyway. Either way, I always book direct so I can maintain control and make decisions without having to rely on someone else to call them, then call me back, etc. Again, I'm glad it's straightened out now.

I think my anger is valid on both sides. I'm sure you'd be upset to. Me leaving day off wasn't ideal but that was my only option at the time.

If I understand correctly, you're miffed the airline cancelled your original flight and you're cheesed that Carnival F2F isn't more compassionate in finding an alternative that suits your desired travel plans.

As someone else said, do you think you'd get any more sympathy had you booked directly with the airline? The airlines don't give two shakes how the cancellation effects your plans (good customer service dictates they should - but they don't).

Booking through F2F only gives you another layer upon which to heap your frustration over a common event in the travel industry.

Having found your own resolution, you now know how to resolve the matter directly. But it doesn't change the fact that it could happen again - and again and again and again - with no one throwing a pity party.

I think the problem is that Carnival was the middleman and they wanted to point fingers at the airline, and vice versa. That's the way I take it anyway. Either way, I always book direct so I can maintain control and make decisions without having to rely on someone else to call them, then call me back, etc. Again, I'm glad it's straightened out now.

Yes the blame game is what pissed me off. I'm glad too and like I said of course I'd want to come in earlier but I was at the mercy of my employer so I took what I could. But now things are all good in the neighborhood and I continue my excitement of going on my first cruise.