My fly to fun was cancelled !

Desinico

Yes the blame game is what pissed me off. I'm glad too and like I said of course I'd want to come in earlier but I was at the mercy of my employer so I took what I could. But now things are all good in the neighborhood and I continue my excitement of going on my first cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome! Now you just have to get your hotel. What port are you leaving out of?

Having found your own resolution, you now know how to resolve the matter directly. But it doesn't change the fact that it could happen again - and again and again and again - with no one throwing a pity party.

This MF here... Some people are such mitches.

I am glad you shared your story. I was thinking of doing the F2F but know I will look for my own flights.

We're using Fly2fun and on AA to MCO and flying in the day before and booked flexible so we can pay it off when final payment

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oh ok. Yea be careful they just sneak up on you and give no remorse. Good luck! When's your cruise?

This MF here... Some people are such mitches.

I am glad you shared your story. I was thinking of doing the F2F but know I will look for my own flights.

Lol I just ignored that comment, if that person thinks I'm throwing a pity party oh well. When it happens to them let's see their response. But yea avoid it at all costs it's not worth the stress. Just save up for your ticket if possible and leave that f2f crap alone.

Edited by Desinico

Did you call Carnival and tell them you booked another flight and make sure they would cancel the one you already have booked without a penalty? Sounds like you have restrictions on your booking so you may have a cancellation penalty too even though you are prior to final payment.

There thing is if they get you there before the boat leaves then they don't care. The times they are giving me are within the same airline but way later then what I'm comfortable with.

We never book our airline flights with the cruise company - ever for the reason you stated. However, airlines do cancel flights. Same happened to us on our home coming flight in November. Southwest cancelled the 1:30 pm flight and changed us to the 4:30 pm flight. So, we won't be in any hurry to get off the ship and we'll be sitting at the airport for a few hours. As far as FTTF, you'll miss getting on the ship after Platinum and Diamond. You'll still get the debarkation at ports if it's still worth holding on to. I agree with FiremanBobsWife, I plan everything because I want to be in control and not blame anyone but myself if there's a screw up. At least Southwest has given us a months notice of the cancellation.

Did you call Carnival and tell them you booked another flight and make sure they would cancel the one you already have booked without a penalty? Sounds like you have restrictions on your booking so you may have a cancellation penalty too even though you are prior to final payment.

No I can cancel without penalties. No worries. I'm taking it off when I get off work tonight. But I checked, still in the clear.

No I can cancel without penalties. No worries. I'm taking it off when I get off work tonight. But I checked, still in the clear.

That's awesome, glad you got it all worked out without any penalties. Plus another day of vacation is always a plus.

If I understand correctly, you're miffed the airline cancelled your original flight and you're cheesed that Carnival F2F isn't more compassionate in finding an alternative that suits your desired travel plans.

As someone else said, do you think you'd get any more sympathy had you booked directly with the airline? The airlines don't give two shakes how the cancellation effects your plans (good customer service dictates they should - but they don't).

Booking through F2F only gives you another layer upon which to heap your frustration over a common event in the travel industry.

Having found your own resolution, you now know how to resolve the matter directly. But it doesn't change the fact that it could happen again - and again and again and again - with no one throwing a pity party.

Actually the airline is REQUIRED to rebook you at no charge if their change does not work for you. This happened to me and they booked us on a flight priced $300 higher than what we paid. No questions asked. I expect the airline would have to do the same for Carnival booked customer if the right calls were made. So frustration with Carnival valid.

I booked my flights to Barcelona with Carnival and saved more than $600 each, plus did not have to pay until final payment. I was able to pick my own flights and even changed it several weeks later to fly in a couple days early. They were awesome searching for the flights for me.