Dress code on Carnival Dream

littlefishes

Hi,

Yes of course there are other places to eat but you may be surprised to learn that the "fancy evening" is not really so fancy!! IF you are a man the most required is slacks and a shirt with buttons. That's all!

IF you are a woman then any nice pants and a nice top will do. You can wear a dress or skirt also but it need not be a fancy one!

I do not now if you have read what the requirements for Carnival's elegant nights are, but they are pretty basic stuff. Nothing even approaching formal, semi-formal or even business-wear. The requirements for the "fancy evenings" are hardly fancy (pants and a shirt with a collar? whoa! too fancy for me!), but yes, there are always options outside of the main dining room where those fancy requirements kick in.

Edited by cruzeluver
more info

Hi,

Yes of course there are other places to eat but you may be surprised to learn that the "fancy evening" is not really so fancy!! IF you are a man the most required is slacks and a shirt with buttons. That's all!

IF you are a woman then any nice pants and a nice top will do. You can wear a dress or skirt also but it need not be a fancy one!

this is what I wear! [pants and a nice shirt]:) but on the Valor 2 weeks ago I saw more people dressed up. I mean, more suits and a lot of tuxs. I don't know if because it was and 8 day cruise or what.:)

I know it is rare but, I almost felt under dressed!lol

You may not even need long pants!

I just got off the Dream on Sunday, and at both "elegant" nights, I saw multiple people breaking the dress code. A guy sitting next to us had basketball shorts, a t-shirt, flip-flops, and a hat on, basically breaking every part of the code! How they got away with it, I'm not sure, but they don't seem to care.

Although, they will turn you away at the steakhouse for having shorts on.