Minimum Passengers for a Cabin?

Scottee25

I recently booked an Oceanview on Liberty for next year. I chose the Oceanview because there were not a lot of great options available for balconies (i.e. on the hump or aft). Not to mention a balcony cabin is $450+ more per person. Poking around today, I found that there is an aft balcony available but it only shows up if I list 3 passengers. I could justify paying the additional $900 for an aft balcony but I am curious what my chances are that RCCL would let me book it if I called in? Anyone have an experience with this?

I recently booked an Oceanview on Liberty for next year. I chose the Oceanview because there were not a lot of great options available for balconies (i.e. on the hump or aft). Not to mention a balcony cabin is $450+ more per person. Poking around today, I found that there is an aft balcony available but it only shows up if I list 3 passengers. I could justify paying the additional $900 for an aft balcony but I am curious what my chances are that RCCL would let me book it if I called in? Anyone have an experience with this?

We inquired about this once and were told that they may relax the requirement as the sail date nears, but they will likely not before final payment date. They do not want to give up the revenue before they have to.

I wonder if this is something new? I don't remember this being a requirement in the past. I was under the impression that the passenger minimum only pertained to the family staterooms and suites? FYI, I did call RCCL but the person on the phone was less than helpful. It seems like they can only see what we see on their website and can't do anything more than what we can do.

I wonder if this is something new? I don't remember this being a requirement in the past. I was under the impression that the passenger minimum only pertained to the family staterooms and suites? FYI, I did call RCCL but the person on the phone was less than helpful. It seems like they can only see what we see on their website and can't do anything more than what we can do.

It's relatively new, maybe a couple of years that they have been restricting some balcony staterooms to more than 2 guests.

certain categories are imposing minimum occupancy restrictions, and not just the Family cabins. and they are pretty strict about it until final payment date

you may find it becomes an option before then, but not necessarily.

It's relatively new, maybe a couple of years that they have been restricting some balcony staterooms to more than 2 guests.

Thank you. Yeah I don't remember them doing anything like this in the past except for Family staterooms and suites. I guess it's one of those things that has changed with RCCL since I last sailed with them. I'll just keep an eye on it and see if it becomes available at some point. Thanks for the information.

I'd be surprised, but might depend on the person. We were in a room with 3 people, and when one cancelled they made us cancel the room and rebook to a different one, escalated it quite a bit because we had connecting cabins which we wanted and there were none available that they would allow only 2 people in

Call and let us know??? Might work??

They DID call...since their cruise is not till next year Royal isn't going to budge on letting 1 person book a 3 person cabin...

There is a big pile of E2 cabins on the hump on decks 6 & 7.

Since those are rated for two, they will let you book for one.

If you are willing to pay the extra then just book with a fictitious 3'rd person and have them as a no show at the pier. You would get a refund of port taxes and fees.