Miami Port -> FLL

Opie

If I am on a Celebrity cruise returning to MIA port at 7am on a Saturday, would it be difficult to make a FLL flight at 12:00pm?

Make sure you are in the earliest group to leave. Don't dawdle over that one last wonderful breakfast. You should make it fine.

Thank you. How does disembarkation work on the Reflection? Is it hard to get in the first group?

A couple of days before the final there will be a card left on the bed for you to fill out. It will ask your plans for returning home. You can address your needs on it, or take it to the CSD and they will help in getting the proper time set up.

Are you planning on carrying off your luggage?

Thank you. If your choices out of FLL were 12:00 or 5:10pm, which would you choose? If we leave at 12:00, can we still do breakfast or would we have to get in line at 6:30am?

We would choose the 5:10 PM flight. We would do a Miami shore excursion (through the ship) and let the Cruise line get us to the airport. Have a nice breakfast and not end the Cruise worrying about traffic back to Fort Lauderdale or long lines at the airport. Another option for us would be a post Cruise stay in Miami or Fort Lauderdale and fly out the next day. But that's us.

Edited by davekathy

Thank you. If your choices out of FLL were 12:00 or 5:10pm, which would you choose? If we leave at 12:00, can we still do breakfast or would we have to get in line at 6:30am?

Our 1st cruise was in 1987 and we have done it every way that will be mentioned.

Last year 15 of us all stayed at the same hotel when we got back and continued the sail away party on the beach.

The yr before we got off in Port Everglades and were on a plane at 9:40 out of FLL :eek: that was a rush for a couple old folks! ;)

All depends on your ability to handle any bumps in the plan:D

But if you do the 12:00 I would wait and have breakfast at the airport!

You should have no problems if you debark early. Self debark is the best option. It is not a bad trip to FLL. Much easier airport to get in and out of. We always fly in and out of FLL because MIA can be horrible. Trip is about 45 minutes. Once, however, several ships were in port and TSA was a nightmare in FLL but you have no control over that. Unpredictable.

We have self disembarked (carry off all your luggage yourself) several times in Port of Miami and taken a shuttle (MJS Transportation) to the FLL airport and arrived at the airport by 9:30am. The ship arrived in Miami by the time scheduled. We ate breakfast in the buffet at 7am and were off the ship by 8:30am. If the ship arrives to port on time and you don't have to be at the airport any sooner than 2 hours prior to your flight, you shouldn't have any problems making a noon flight.

Thanks all! If I'm on Reflection arriving PoM at 7:00am, how long of a window should I expect self disembarkation to be given?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's the first group off the ship. They will start self disembarkation very quickly after the ship has been cleared, you should be off by 8am and through customs very shortly afterwards. It doesn't matter if you 'miss' their actual scheduled time for self disembarkation because you can walk off with group numbers if they have called for them already. Hope this info is what you were looking for.

It's the first group off the ship. They will start self disembarkation very quickly after the ship has been cleared, you should be off by 8am and through customs very shortly afterwards. It doesn't matter if you 'miss' their actual scheduled time for self disembarkation because you can walk off with group numbers if they have called for them already. Hope this info is what you were looking for.

Thank you! I guess I'm just trying to figure out what the difference might be in time to self-disembark if we get in line right at 7am versus having regular breakfast at 7am and then got our luggage and self-disembarked at, say, 8:15.

Edited by Opie

We have a 1:45pm flight out of FLL, and our plan is to have an early breakfast on the ship and then head out. Anyone see any issues with that? We are flying first class, and I think FLL has a priority line so we should be able to get through security fairly quickly. Also flying Delta if that matters. I know they have a small terminal to themselves.

Thanks.

Keep in mind that some airlines are quite strict at FLL regarding baggage check times, and will not let you check bags more than 3 hours before your flight. If you rush right off the ship and don't encounter any traffic, it's quite possible you'd be at FLL before 9:00 and have to wait a bit to check your bags. I can't speak for all airlines but Delta for instance, adheres to that tightly. Some terminals at FLL have food options before you go through security but some don't and you'd have to wait til you can check your bags and get through security before you could get anything substantial to eat.

We went on Reflection and flew out of FLL. We used SAS shuttle service from Miami , reserve in advance $15 pp plus tip. Picks you up a at curbside. Ride is 30 minutes with no traffic.

If you are really concerned about time get a porter to help you with your begs as you disembark in the terminal. (Tip him well), The porters have a special line at Customs and you will zip thru. Worth every dollar.

Enjoy your cruise.

We have been on the Reflection and we were up to FLL for our flight at 11;40 A.M .in plenty of time. We booked through Celebrity to take the bus up to FLL and we had more than enough time. I think you would want the noon flight because at the airport you cannot get out onto the concourse unless your flight is within 3 hours so if you have the 5;00P.M. flight you will be waiting in the terminal and it is very crowded.

In most situations yes. Get off ship early, arrange private transfer and should have no problem. BUT, the 1 thing that you can't control is traffic. If there are lane closures , or accidents on I95, then you never know.

Head over to the Florida departures board. There, we frequent Florida cruisers will have lots of info from experience.

The flight at noon is NO problem. No need to self carry your bags or leave before general boarding starts. I personally would arrange a shuttle pick up around 8:30. (There are reliable companies or for more cost, can use a cab.) If you want, do it earlier. shrug

Have your breakfast onboard, not at the airport.

You don't mention date. if during the holidays, the airports can be crazy. Then you might consider leaving the ship earlier.

Like I said, go the Fl board for all kind of reliable specifics.

We have a 1:45pm flight out of FLL, and our plan is to have an early breakfast on the ship and then head out. Anyone see any issues with that? We are flying first class, and I think FLL has a priority line so we should be able to get through security fairly quickly. Also flying Delta if that matters. I know they have a small terminal to themselves.

Thanks.

From POM or FLL? Either way, you have TONS of time. I would stay on the ship as long as possible. Avoid the rush, have a coffee at the pool and don't leave until the announcement is made to get off. Why fight the crowds? Enjoy the last minutes in peace.;)

For sure the noon flight. Have breakfast and and be off the ship around 8:30. NO need for the early or self carry disembarkation.

From POM or FLL? Either way, you have TONS of time. I would stay on the ship as long as possible. Avoid the rush, have a coffee at the pool and don't leave until the announcement is made to get off. Why fight the crowds? Enjoy the last minutes in peace.;)

Sorry yea we are leaving from POM. Yea i supposed if we got into a cab at 9:45amam we would still have almost 4 hours to get to the gate. Seems like plenty of time.

For sure the noon flight. Have breakfast and and be off the ship around 8:30. NO need for the early or self carry disembarkation.

Thank you. With a 12noon flight out of FLL, will Celebrity allow us to disembark by then (if we're not self-disembarking)? (assuming on-time docking, etc.)

Edited by Opie