Currently onboard the not so Dreamy Dream

dsykes2

We are currently sitting in Montego Bay spilling fuel into the water. Had to divert a sick passenger to Cayman last night (did not affect arrival into Jamaica). As soon as we left Cayman we had another emergency with a sick passenger (thoughts for her family as it did not look good, however kudos to carnival for trying to assist). Hoping the rest of the cruise goes smooth. We have a new cruise director named Emily the Unicorn who is literally wearing a unicorn onesie. I just sailed on this boat in July, and all was great. Totally different feeling this time.

image.jpg.2599b5908056d106e790e47735e9e0cb.jpg

Why. Because of unfortunate people who had medical emergencies or Dream in general. On Dream in Feb. My complaint. On Valor. debarkation, 103 temp. Made decision to go to doctor 830 am to make sure I could get on a plane. No doctor or nurse on ship. If he said he was busy with a passenger or meeting, I would understand. I know they are contract people. Person Gave me over counter med but kept insisting I go to hospital. I did and they got me off ship fast. Yes had flu and went home on plane with mask and gloves. My TA said Celebrity got into trouble because no doctor or nurse was available on last day. Didn't want to deal with paperwork. Never charged. Will take gloves and mask just in case in Feb. Did get flu shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which playlist shows are offered? I was thinking the Dream still had the old style shows since someone a while back said they don't change shows until dry dock which I think for the Dream is January. Also, since you're on there now, if you go to the piano bar would you mind asking the piano player if he will still be on it through the first part of December? I've searched everywhere for who's at the piano bar but the only schedules I can find go only through mid November. No problem if piano bar's not your thing and you don't plan to go there. Just curious. We usually enjoy spending several evenings there when the player is entertaining and engaging.

[/uWe are currently sitting in Montego Bay spilling fuel into the water.] Had to divert a sick passenger to Cayman last night (did not affect arrival into Jamaica). As soon as we left Cayman we had another emergency with a sick passenger (thoughts for her family as it did not look good, however kudos to carnival for trying to assist). Hoping the rest of the cruise goes smooth. We have a new cruise director named Emily the Unicorn who is literally wearing a unicorn onesie. I just sailed on this boat in July, and all was great. Totally different feeling this time.

We are currently sitting in Montego Bay spilling fuel into the water. :eek::eek:

This got my attention fast, you may be at Montego Bay for the long haul.

Please keep us updated and be safe.

We are currently sitting in Montego Bay spilling fuel into the water. Had to divert a sick passenger to Cayman last night (did not affect arrival into Jamaica). As soon as we left Cayman we had another emergency with a sick passenger (thoughts for her family as it did not look good, however kudos to carnival for trying to assist). Hoping the rest of the cruise goes smooth. We have a new cruise director named Emily the Unicorn who is literally wearing a unicorn onesie. I just sailed on this boat in July, and all was great. Totally different feeling this time.

Hope it gets better.

Well, keep in mind this week is the CD conference, so the normal CDs are all in Miami. The CDs on board this week are fil5l-ins getting their feet wet as a CD.

So true. Going on the NYE splendor cruise in DEC. Chloe Loddo is the CD but some other chick is running the show in the meantime to my knowledge

Just got off the Dream on the previous cruise, and IMHO, our CD was phenomenal! If he is the "fill in" CD, I was impressed!

Dumb question...what does "playlist production" actually mean? How would I know if it was that type of show vs. the other?

Playlist Production shows are new shows that Carnival is putting on in the main show lounges. They involve prerecorded music, and 8 cast members, all of whom sing and dance.

This is opposed to the older shows, which have something like 16-18 cast members, 2 of whom sang, the others danced. There is also a live band involved.

Edited by DCCruiser1013

Playlist Production shows are new shows that Carnival is putting on in the main show lounges. They involve prerecorded music, and 8 cast members, all of whom sing and dance.

This is opposed to the older shows, which have something like 16-18 cast members, 2 of whom sang, the others danced. There is also a live band involved.

Thank you. That makes sense :) I'm thinking the show we saw was not a playlist production then. They introduced the band beforehand (pretty decent size for what I expected), and the cast was much larger than 8.

On board the Dream right now having a blast on my 13th Carnival cruise. Very impressed by Emily stepping up and taking on the CD role. Girlfriend and I have never had as much fun on a cruise as we did with the "unicorn" last night at the Carnival Quest. Excellent weather all week and very relaxed atmosphere/guests!

Are you sure about the playlist? Wasn't on my Dream or Triumph cruises out of Nola earlier this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This may be a dumb question, but that is what Cruise Critic is for. What do you mean by Playlist? I always enjoy the shows. I don't know what one means by Playlist. Please explain. I would appreciate it so much.