ES price drop question

ShdwKnght

I am booked ES on the Ecstasy with a 4E interior cabin sailing on Oct. 20th, so past final payment date (all paid). Looking at the fare viewer today, I see 2 sales that are a lower price than I have now. Both are $90 less than I paid, but both are for IS cabins. Will I be able to get this price drop since the cabin category is different? Right now we have $75 OBC that we got when we booked the ES special with $25 pp OBC. We will lose that but can gain the extra $15 to have $90 OBC. If we are able to do this, will that take us out of the ES category and place us into the new special category?

Edited by ShdwKnght

No that is a guarantee cabin rate and its quite a few categories then what you have

IF you wanted to downgrade to that you give up what you have. including that onboard spending

price the 6IS

thats an oceanview cabin. and maybe is cheaper or the same price of what you have-- you can get that

I am booked ES on the Ecstasy with a 4E interior cabin sailing on Oct. 20th, so past final payment date (all paid). Looking at the fare viewer today, I see 2 sales that are a lower price than I have now. Both are $90 less than I paid, but both are for IS cabins. Will I be able to get this price drop since the cabin category is different? Right now we have $75 OBC that we got when we booked the ES special with $25 pp OBC. We will lose that but can gain the extra $15 to have $90 OBC. If we are able to do this, will that take us out of the ES category and place us into the new special category?

right now you are in a cabin in the 4E category correct?

by moving to a IS they can move you to any inside cabin on the ship- including under the galley. or under another noisy area.

you do NOT want to give up what you have to move maybe down to the riveria deck

Thanks everyone, my question was answered. I will just be happy with what I have. If I were to go up to a OV, it would cost a little more and I would lose the obc I have now. So we will stay in E165 and hope it is not too noisy there.

Not if that price comes down.

you are booked in a set inside cabin. Compare your price with the Oceanview IS IF that price comes down you can move to that category and NOT lose you credit

I called Carnival today, just out of curiosity. I was told I could switch over to the Pack & Go. We would lose the original obc of $75, but we would end up with $120 obc because of the lower price. Carnival would be selecting our cabin, so it could be anywhere. But the cabin we have now is right under the galley, and beside the crew stairs. So I really don’t know if a different cabin would be so bad. I will talk to my wife over the weekend and give it some more thought.

I called Carnival today, just out of curiosity. I was told I could switch over to the Pack & Go. We would lose the original obc of $75, but we would end up with $120 obc because of the lower price. Carnival would be selecting our cabin, so it could be anywhere. But the cabin we have now is right under the galley, and beside the crew stairs. So I really don’t know if a different cabin would be so bad. I will talk to my wife over the weekend and give it some more thought.

I would be switching and taking my chances. especially if you are now located under the galley.

If this is your first cruise you have nothing to compare it to-- so you got nothing to lose

Hopefully, you have decided to make the switch, if the $120 OBC deal is still available. You are below the galley, so whatever they would choose for you won't be any louder. If that deal is now off the table, check to see if you can switch to another 4E room, one that's forward of the midship elevators. Those will be below the dining room, which is a perfect spot. The dining room is empty all night, and you don't hear much of anything even during the dining times. An equal category room shouldn't have any effect on your OBC.

If those are all taken, then look into moving up to a 4I room on Veranada deck. That's an upgrade, so you would have to pay any difference, and I don't know what that might do to your OBC. Because of the gym towards the front of deck 12 (one deck above), I would stick with V20-V40, which are below treatment rooms (quieter than the gym or aerobics room).