New Celebrity offer from American Express!

cadburysmom

I have a cruise booked for September 2017. Does this offer mean if I make an additional $500 deposit that I will receive a $150 credit on the following statement (or two)?

Only if you got the offer on your Amex card.

Check the home page and scroll to the bottom where it says "offers" and then click on "show more".

You have to register to get the credit.

Warning: You also have to use only the cardholder's card that they specify...one of us is the "cardholder" and one is the "authorized user" on the same cards, with 2 different account numbers.

ONLY use the card/number they say is valid for the offer, we learned this the hard way.

I'm still so jealous we did not get this great offer. :(

I am interested in this information as well. Shows up for Platinum too

Slightly annoyed. I checked my AMEX offers on Monday before making final payment and there was no Celebrity offer on my Platinium card. I just missed it. My final was due 9/14 and the offer began 9/15. Oh well.......

Edited by Charles4515

For those of you who got the offer (I'm not one...boo) and have made final payment, is it possible to call Celebrity and ask them to credit $500 off whatever card you used and reapply it to Amex with offer? May be worth a try.

I do have it and signed up.

It says it must be made through Celebrity.com.

I have final payment coming up soon through a TA. Does that meet the celebrity.com requirement?

If not I have another cruise I booked onboard and I can make a payment early to get the credit.

Thank you for posting this.

I have final payment coming up soon through a TA. Does that meet the celebrity.com requirement?

If not I have another cruise I booked onboard and I can make a payment early to get the credit.

Celebrity Cruises

Spend $500 or more, get $150 back

expires 10/31/16

(appeared on my Blue Cash Everyday Amex card this morning)

Details

Get a 1X $150 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $500+ in one or more transactions at celebrity.com by 10/31/2016. Valid on reservations only. Must purchase between 9/15/16 - 10/31/16. See terms for exclusions.

Terms

Offer is valid on bookings made online at celebrity.com or via phone through Celebrity Cruises or your Travel Professional. Valid only on US website. Spend on board not included. Excludes transfers/transportation to the ship. Excludes gift cards and electronic gift cards. Excludes Corporate Sales. Excludes Celebrity’s Fortune app, Gifts by Celebrity and the Onboard Experiences on website. Valid only on reservations for customers in US, including Puerto Rico, Guam and US Virgin Islands. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 10/31/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CCXD:0001

When my TA makes a payment for me it shows up on my credit card as coming directly from Celebrity.

Make sure yours does the same.

When my TA makes a payment for me it shows up on my credit card as coming directly from Celebrity.

Make sure yours does the same.

My deposit did say Celebrity on my card statement.

I just was not sure about the third party and wireless stuff.

Hopefully it will get the credit.

If not, I have another one booked directly and can pay $500 on that early.

It does apply. I called my TA today and she had the $500 applied. The offer states payment can be made through celebrity.com or a travel professional

Ednmargo...we're also first timers on Reflection on 2/25 cruise! Just got the notice from AMEX confirming the credit will be issued within a certain number of billing cycles. WHOOT WHOOT!!

I'll see you at the Martini bar. I'll be the chick with a big smile on my face.

Cheers,

Got this offer on my Blue Cash Everyday. Anyone know if it is good for shore excursions? Already past final payment on November cruise.

I booked shore excursions and I received the confirmation email below. I figured I would give it a shot since I just made my final payment yesterday. If it doesn't work I will cancel them and use a different credit card.

"We appreciate you using your Amex Offer at CELEBRITY. Look out for a $150.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms."

Edited by rosie#1

Thank you so much for posting this. I never knew this was available and I have had my American Express for a long time. I feel foolish now for never looking before.

Is the $150.00 but given as a credit on your American Express?

Thanks again.

Karen

I booked shore excursions and I received the confirmation email below. I figured I would give it a shot since I just made my final payment yesterday. If it doesn't work I will cancel them and use a different credit card.

"We appreciate you using your Amex Offer at CELEBRITY. Look out for a $150.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms."

Excellent, thanks for posting. I'm going to give it a try as well.