Charge account (Allure)

Smyles

Does anyone know if the credit card we link our cards to (to purchase drinks etc) will be charged in CAD during our cruise? When we paid for the cruise it was in Canadian.

We need to enter the credit card info...we'd prefer to use our MasterCard but if it would be in USD then we would use our travel credit card that has a lower exchange rate fee attached.

Hope that makes sense! We are obviously in Canada! Western Caribbean cruise.

Does anyone know if the credit card we link our cards to (to purchase drinks etc) will be charged in CAD during our cruise? When we paid for the cruise it was in Canadian.

We need to enter the credit card info...we'd prefer to use our MasterCard but if it would be in USD then we would use our travel credit card that has a lower exchange rate fee attached.

The charge will be in USD.

Also make sure you check the box on the SetSail pass to have the credit card company perform the exchange.

Edited by clarea

Thank you! Glad I asked...we were excited that the cruise purchase price was set in Canadian so I kind of expected it would be the same on board...but now that I think of it, it makes more sense for it to be USD and everyone else converts after. The price we paid for the cruise was in CAD but the number would have looked different had we told them we lived elsewhere while booking!

Thanks...we will use our other travel card then and thanks for the head's up about clicking the box!

Thank you! Glad I asked...we were excited that the cruise purchase price was set in Canadian so I kind of expected it would be the same on board...but now that I think of it, it makes more sense for it to be USD and everyone else converts after. The price we paid for the cruise was in CAD but the number would have looked different had we told them we lived elsewhere while booking!

Thanks...we will use our other travel card then and thanks for the head's up about clicking the box!

You're welcome.

I'd also suggest you visit Guest Services sometime during the cruise and confirm that they will let your CC company do the conversion. They seem to "forget" your preference from time to time.

Always US currency

• 2 months later...

WE payed our deluxe beverage package on our cc and was given a rate in CDN funds. I tryed paying of it in USD but I was told since I booked in CDN funds then everything that I prepay for will be in CDN. We got a 20% discount when I booked works out to $62.56 per day/ per person CDN, this includes your gratuities. It's less then $10 different in cost

WE payed our deluxe beverage package on our cc and was given a rate in CDN funds. I tryed paying of it in USD but I was told since I booked in CDN funds then everything that I prepay for will be in CDN. We got a 20% discount when I booked works out to $62.56 per day/ per person CDN, this includes your gratuities. It's less then $10 different in cost

Yes, if you book in CDN then everything that you buy through the cruise planner will be in CDN and everything that you buy or charge on the ship will be in US$.