New Carnival Luggage Tags?

cmptrwiz

I don't disagree. Apparently they had to make the FTTF logo larger so the porters and ship luggage handlers could see it better. Maybe some luggage want making it to the rooms on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think this is why.

Our TA gave us the plastic holders for luggage tags in both sizes and we use them on every cruise. She recently sent us the upgraded ones with the ziplock tops and metal straps to replace the ones with the plastic straps we have been using. They are wider and easier to insert the folded tags.

We put a tag on each handle of the checked luggage and put one on each carryon bag just in case we set it down somewhere. Hopefully, it will find its way back to us.

How do the tags work? How do you secure them to the suitcase? Do you do anything like laminate them? I am new to this and don't understand how these tags work. It would be great if I knew what I was doing when I go to print mine in a few weeks. Our cruise will be paid on Oct 7 and I was planning to print things then.

We just pay the $8 or so on amazon and get the cruise luggage tags where you slide the printed tag into them and secure to the luggage. We fly so we don't put those on until day of cruise.51JP7LzqqhL.jpg.352792a03c3d88f388a88b08ee873aa0.jpg

I for one appreciate this info, just reprinted our tags. You can purchase tag holders from Cruise Critic as well.

I'm not going to waste the ink to reprint my tags. All the info is on the old tags. The only thing different is the bigger FTTF logo, but thanks for letting us know.

I'm not going to waste the ink to reprint my tags. All the info is on the old tags. The only thing different is the bigger FTTF logo, but thanks for letting us know.

Agree wholeheartedly ! :D

The older version have all necessary info.

IMHO needing to know when they changed is over-the-top.

I cover the tag with packing tape, then poke a hole in it & put a string through it. Then I tie it securely on the luggage handle, leaving about 3" of string as a "stem" on the tag. Several dock workers have thanked me for this, saying it's more secure than stapling the tag to the suitcase handle as per the instructions.

I reprinted our tags for our cruise on Monday. Less chance that the porters will miss the FTTF logo and fail to put the special tags on the bags. I for one want my luggage ASAP.

I think this is exactly the reason for the change. On recent cruises, the porters had to stop and take the time to place bright Orange stickers on all Priority luggage. Then separate them from the rest of the luggage at the unloading area.

The new larger FTTF logos (although I would have preferred Priority logos!:)) are probably an effort to eliminate a step for the porter, and get our/your luggage to you sooner!!:)

All good ideas, and ones I follow!

Laminate or tape laminate.

Use zip tie or ribbon instead of staple.

Two per bag. Over kill, but...

Put tag and itinerary inside on top.

Use one for your carry-ons in-case they get left somewhere.

And the one I hadn't thought of...

Take pictures of the bags before you leave!

(The OP got more than she asked for, but hey, it's CC!)