New Carnival Luggage Tags?

cmptrwiz

We printed our luggage tags a few months ago and put them away. So today somebody from our roll call put a picture of their new luggage tag holders with their luggage tag inside and they have changed. I went to my cruise manager and sure enough they have changed. I'm just curious when did Carnival change the luggage tags?

Wiz

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

How did they change? Size/shape? design? ...these kind of details are important when asking this kind of question :rolleyes:

They removed the bar code and if Priority you have a big faster to the Fun logo instead of the small one you could barely see.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They removed the bar code and if Priority you have a big faster to the Fun logo instead of the small one you could barely see.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thank you. I was in the process of printing the new tags so I could report the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

How do the tags work? How do you secure them to the suitcase? Do you do anything like laminate them? I am new to this and don't understand how these tags work. It would be great if I knew what I was doing when I go to print mine in a few weeks. Our cruise will be paid on Oct 7 and I was planning to print things then.

How do the tags work? How do you secure them to the suitcase? Do you do anything like laminate them? I am new to this and don't understand how these tags work. It would be great if I knew what I was doing when I go to print mine in a few weeks. Our cruise will be paid on Oct 7 and I was planning to print things then.

amydresh,

Easiest way to attach tags is to print them then use box tape to "laminate" them and attach to handles.

Jill

This is one of the few tasks I leave to my DH, but he also laminates them with packing tape (after folding them according to directions), then punches a hole in each end and secures them around the luggage handle with a zip-tie (I think that is what they are called). Just be sure to pack a small pair of scissors to cut them off.

As long as our luggage gets to the cabin I could care less what the tags look like.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't disagree. Apparently they had to make the FTTF logo larger so the porters and ship luggage handlers could see it better. Maybe some luggage want making it to the rooms on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

-Fold ours in thirds, directions are on the tag.

-'Laminate' the folded tag using clear packing tape.

-Thread around suitcase handle, taping ends together using packing tape.

Some will put tags on both top and side handles. If your luggage doesn't arrive at your cabin, there will be a pile of non-tagged luggage next to Guest Services. We take a picture of our luggage in case the luggage is totally lost and notification has to go out.

There are instructions on the tag. You fold it certain ways and then staple it on. I have followed those instructions for five cruises, and no issues at all. I also have a tag on the bag with my name and cell phone if the luggage tag happened to come off.

Another suggestion would be to have a copy of the luggage tag inside the suitcase in case the one on the handle comes off.

That's a great idea. I always include an itinerary inside my luggage so if it's ever lost just maybe it could find me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I like these the luggage tags from Amazon, they have lasted many years:

https://www.amazon.com/Cruisetags-Cruise-Ship-Luggage-Tags/dp/B007UXMQXO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1474034076&sr=8-5&keywords=cruise+luggage+tags

You don't really need them, but it saves laminating them or stapling them.

Edited by dacsmom

I finally bit the bullet last year and bought a set of these. I must say that I love them!! So quick and easy to fold the paper and slide it right in. Done and done.

I do agree with making an extra copy to put inside your luggage, just in case and we always take pics of our luggage as well. Fortunately, we've never had any lost but I like to be prepared in the event that should ever happen.