Luggage strips attached pre-flight?

North&South

Hi, nearly ready for our holiday but only thing I'm not sure on is the luggage strips I've printed. Question is do I affix before we fly or after I have collected cases from the carousel ?? :confused:
Hi North&South,

I was asking myself the same question (for a cruise in November), it's been many years since I've flown, to then join the ship (usually board in Southampton). Last time it was easy, I had a few days in a hotel prior to the cruise. This time it will be straight from airport to ship.

I've decided to attach the luggage labels after picking them off the carousel.

I'll take a small roll of clear wide packing tape, with the labels, in my hand luggage.

I don't want to have them ripped off and lost in either airports, and they do say to remove all other tags (apart from the ones they attach) from your cases before checking in for your flight.

Hope this helps?

Bon Voyage :)

Edited by pepperrn

Hi, nearly ready for our holiday but only thing I'm not sure on is the luggage strips I've printed. Question is do I affix before we fly or after I have collected cases from the carousel ?? :confused:

After.

Unless the cruise line is doing the luggage transfer.

Yes, quite often the agents who meet you for the transfer to the ship always have a stapler to hand. Personally ( when flying) I'd leave them off, unless you have those plastic luggage tag holders which are very handy ( which I've started to use ;) )

After.

We arrived in Miami once and couldn't find our suitcases. We searched around the luggage hall and found our luggage piled high with cases going an a RCI ship. I think one of the baggage handlers had seen our Cruise ship labels (for another company) and thought 'cruise ship!'...thinking they were being helpful, they took them away. :p

Now we always wait until we are about to set off to the ship, either from the airport or from a pre-cruise hotel.

We have just returned from a cruise ( Athens to Venice on QV). On the outward leg we attached the luggage labels prior to flying and they were still on when we arrived at Athens. We had taken the precaution however to carry spare labels and tape just in case.

Exactly what we did. But they survived both flights.