Oasis of the Seas or Carnival Vista for Families

cRangirl1999

Hi there,

We are trying to book a cruise with our two girsls, ages 9 and 11. This would be their first. I am trying to decide between RC Oasis of the Seas or Carnival Vista, both seem fairly comperable. Kids sail free right now on Oasis, so seems to be a very good deal. I am worried there won't be enough to do for their age group... Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks so much!

I would pick Oasis. RC Oasis class of ships are totally different than any other. I can't imagine that they would be bored. On the Oasis the usual complaint is there wasn't enough time to do everything!

What do they enjoy doing? They can go to the kids club, but if you want to stay together as a family there is lots to do. Definitely more pools on the Oasis. Shows are awesome, including an ice show and water show.

I have probably missed something, but here's a list of things to do: sports court with basketball and soccer, flow rider, zip line, shuffle board, mini golf, table tennis, ice skating, swimming. Lots of food venues and shopping. Just examples - there's more!

Did a family cruise in January on Oasis that included our 10 year old grand daughter. She would spend 3 or 4 hours a day on the Flow Rider, 2 or 3 hours a day on the rock wall, and every free minute she could find in the kids camp. When we got off the ship for a port stop all she wanted to do was get back onboard. She skipped diner with us on several occasions to have late night pizza party in the kids club. We had to insist at times that she go to a show with us but as soon as it was over she was straight back to the Kids club. Not sure how other lines are, but on Rccl kids can sign themselves in and out of the kids club at 10 years old.. happy cruising PS. if you choose Oasis make all your show reservations 90 days before your cruise date.