Recomended Ft Lauderdale Hotels

Paulinda

We stayed at the Embassy Suites pre=cruise two years ago and would not return. Dark, dated, depressing and the entire floor they put us on reeked of smoke. I could not understand why so many cruise critic folks raved about this place. Awful. We have also stayed at the Hilton Marina and thought that was fine, would definitely return.

Just as a side note. The Embassy Suite, Hilton BEACH Resort, Hampton Inns, Homewood Suites, Conrad, Hilton Garden, and Doubletree hotels are all listed as smoke free now so no smoking rooms available. The Marina Hilton still has smoking rooms.

Edited by fatcat04

We're staying at the Embassy Suites in Nov for $119/night. So it pays to look at pricing.

The Renaissance is very nice but currently undergoing a pretty extensive renovation - personal history tells me never to stay at a hotel undergoing renovations.

Hyatt Place is nice if you can get a good deal - it's actually more expensive than our ES stay coming up even through ValueTrips.

Hyatt 66 was filthy the time we stayed there (2009 iirc).

So as always YMMV.

We have stayed once at the ES...it was nice...room a bit outdated..but managers reception and breakfast were good...we were also with a group..which may have added to our enjoyment...

We have reservations for one night Sunday after Thanksgiving...so will see how it goes...price reasonable...also have reservations for January...price not so reasonable:D As a back up I have another hotel booked for January...

We have stayed at the Hyatt place nearby..and it is a nice hotel..but night before the cruise and day of the cruise it was an absolute mad house in the lobby...which is on the small side...no way I would stay there again...Just not worth it to fight the crowds in a small space:eek:

We've stayed at the Hilton Marina, Hyatt Pier 66, and Embassy Suites within the last four years, and all were perfectly fine. At both the Hilton and the Hyatt we stayed in their "Towers" and had rooms that appeared to have been recently renovated. Our room at the Hyatt faced the port (our request) and the view of the ships arriving was fantastic.

We stayed on the concierge floor at the Embassy Suites in March, and again thought our room appeared to have been recently renovated. The sliding glass door to the balcony needed to be replaced...it barely opened and closed, and when it finally slid it did so with a horrible screeching sound. Not the greatest situation for me trying to sneak quietly onto the balcony to watch the ships arrive! My other "gripe" about the ES is that the concierge floor really isn't...you get a code to access a vending machine, but there's no lounge.

I think the Fort Lauderdale hotels take a beating and need to be refreshed frequently. I can see where one person's experience could be very different from another's, even with only a few short months separating the visits. I also think the type of room you select makes a big difference in the experience. The big hotels seem to have better reviews from their main tower rooms than the adjacent buildings.

Edited by Cindy

We're staying at the Embassy Suites in Nov for $119/night. So it pays to look at pricing.

The Renaissance is very nice but currently undergoing a pretty extensive renovation - personal history tells me never to stay at a hotel undergoing renovations.

Hyatt Place is nice if you can get a good deal - it's actually more expensive than our ES stay coming up even through ValueTrips.

Hyatt 66 was filthy the time we stayed there (2009 iirc).

So as always YMMV.

Exactly sspunk :). Hyatt Place is nearly $100 more than Embassy Suites for our stay. Pier 66 is also pricier (if you want a tower room).

We have 3 nights booked due to worries about SNOW (did I say that 4 letter word?) and if all goes well, we will fly out and happily spend a couple of days in much warmer FLL than here ;)

YYMV for sure.

73755e7c71e3138d1fe6dea24c98ab77.jpg

This is a photo taken in our bathroom at Embassy Suites 4 months ago. Yuck. I wish I had taken a photo of the curtain sheers that were covered with flying insects but I couldn't wait too shake them out the window. [emoji15]

No way I would pay $300+ which is what this room costs in January, our next trip to Fort Lauderdale. Thankfully it was less last spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

...No way I would pay $300+ which is what this room costs in January, our next trip to Fort Lauderdale. Thankfully it was less last spring. ..

Our reservation at Embassy Suites for 3 nights in January, 2017, is a lot less than $300/night ... additionally, last evening I checked on Expedia and the advertised price for that same period was $240/night ... but then our reservation didn't include bugs and bathroom mold either!! :rolleyes:

Edited by avian777

Our reservation at Embassy Suites for 3 nights in January, 2017, is a lot less than $300/night ... additionally, last evening I checked on Expedia and the advertised price for that same period was $240/night ... but then our reservation didn't include bugs and bathroom mold either!! :rolleyes:

I just checked the Hilton website and hilton honors price for our one night stay in early January is 336.00....I got it a bit cheaper but not much...still mulling over where we will stay....

I just checked the Hilton website and hilton honors price for our one night stay in early January is 336.00....I got it a bit cheaper but not much...still mulling over where we will stay....

Try the Hyatt Place through valuetrips.com. The price for Jan-Apr is $219/night. It's cheaper than my ES reservation for my Feb dates; I plan to cancel the ES reservation.

OTOH, the rate I have for ES for my post cruise stay in early March is slightly less expensive than the $219 rate at Hyatt Place. Mind you, after hearing cruising-along's tale of her stay at the ES, I'm reconsidering booking the HP at the slightly higher rate.

Try the Hyatt Place through valuetrips.com. The price for Jan-Apr is $219/night. It's cheaper than my ES reservation for my Feb dates; I plan to cancel the ES reservation.

OTOH, the rate I have for ES for my post cruise stay in early March is slightly less expensive than the $219 rate at Hyatt Place. Mind you, after hearing cruising-along's tale of her stay at the ES, I'm reconsidering booking the HP at the slightly higher rate.

Thanks will check that out...I like the Hyatt Place rooms...just not their small lobby and breakfast area...but 219 is a great rate...afraid first part of January it is high at all the hotels:eek:

... our 3-night stay in mid-January (2017) in a Premium Suite is only $265/night - I booked it through HiltonHonors program ... & Expedia is still showing a $240/night rate for the "regular" ES suites ... :)

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites many times and are booked there again for next April. It is a perfect fit for our needs.

I will admit that on one stay, after we checked in I discovered a nest of small ants around a door frame. I called the front desk and the problem was taken care of ASAP. I wasn't really upset. It's Florida. Bugs happen. I would have been extremely upset if the issue had not been addressed immediately.