St Maartin

dadream

I highly recommend Bernard's Tours. You get a great tour of the island with stops at a couple of beaches and other sites, plus a cooler full of beer and rum punch! We had DJ Dave on our last trip there in 2014 and will be going again in March 2017.

Bernard's tour, the best..

One of our best excursions in twenty years of cruising. :cool:

We will be sailing into St Maartin next year, can anyone tell me of any good things to do at that port?? We will also be going into San Juan, anything there good to do?? Thanks so much!!

There is a bar run by OSU Alumni, flags and fight song playing its a good time!:D

One of our best excursions in twenty years of cruising. :cool:

We'll have to second that on from our cruise the past April.

While we have now been to St. Maarten 4 times...this last time (with the Bernard tour) seemed like a whole new experience - an enjoyable one.

This is one of our 3 favorite Caribbean islands...and we really had a great time using them for a tour.

IMHO, if you go to St. Maarten, and you don't make it to Maho Beach for some airplane-spotting, you're just not doing it right.

http://sunsetsxm.com/index.php/webcam

Never mind the spotting. You really are missing out if you have never surfed the fence and been hit with the blast of a 747 spooling up its engines for take off.:):):)

Just sent Bernards my reservation request. I was also considering Amigo, but the Bernard's tour stops at more places (an hour longer too).

Ship leaves at 5 and he says the tour is over at 2:30.

I don't want to start a massive debate with this next question, but do you need a passport to cross the border in St Maarten as part of the tour?

Just sent Bernards my reservation request. I was also considering Amigo, but the Bernard's tour stops at more places (an hour longer too).

I don't want to start a massive debate with this next question, but do you need a passport to cross the border in St Maarten as part of the tour?

No passport is needed to cross the border.

Enjoy St Martin......it is one of our favorite ports!!

Other than markers at the border there is no stop or checkpoint. The border is completely open. You won't need to show any ID.