Summit accessible suite

JennJohnNYC

My sister and brother in law are thinking of upgrading to a Sky Suite on the Summit, however the only sky suites available are accessible. They are both very tall, she is 5'10" and he is 6'5". I know the bathroom is quite different, but does anyone know if the counters etc are lower than a standard suite? My hubby seems to think they are and feels they will not be comfortable being they are so tall.

Any feedback from anyone who has stayed in an accessible suite would be very much appreciated!

I don't remember them being significantly lower. They were open underneath to be able to have a wheelchair roll under.

We would have no problem doing a GTY again and being assigned one of these rooms. The other suite perks are so worth it if you can get a decent deal on the upgrade.

Remember once you are assigned a room you should be able to get switched to another in the same class if a non accessible one becomes available prior to sailing providing you are in US or Canada.

My relatives have sailed in accessible sky suites on M class and I also do not recall the counters being any lower than any other cabin. I also would be happy to stay in an accessible sky suite for the extra room, which is considerable. The only downside I can recall is that due to the roll out shower, the floor in the bathroom can get wet. Using self-created towel dams, they were able to control it