What else does all inclusive beverage package include?

passy

I know it includes all drinks up to $10 but I'm sure I read somewhere it also includes crepes, gelato and the pastry shop?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks!

It is not clear. On the Royal and Regal the Coffee Card can be used in Gelato with one punch for gelato and crepe desserts and two punches for the desserts with alcohol. Only the Royal and Regal have Gelato. Because the coffee card can be used, there have been reports that AIBP can be used there but there is nothing in writing from Princess stating that items in Gelato are included in the AIBP.

Items in the Pastry Shop on the Royal and Regal are free except for an occasional Norman Love special dessert and that would not be included with the AIBP. I believe you can also get specialty coffees there and that would be included with the AIBP.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

I know it includes all drinks up to $10 but I'm sure I read somewhere it also includes crepes, gelato and the pastry shop?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks!

Can't seem to get a definite on the gelato and the AIBP. I'm hoping but if not I just won't eat it as often. Might not be a bad thing. Lol. There is soft serve ice cream at the buffet level. And if there are crepes, I'll have to at least try one.

Can't seem to get a definite on the gelato and the AIBP. I'm hoping but if not I just won't eat it as often. Might not be a bad thing. Lol. There is soft serve ice cream at the buffet level. And if there are crepes, I'll have to at least try one.
Interestingly enough, although the Crown, Emerald and Ruby claim to offer gelato at the IC for $1.50 for three scoops, on the Royal and Regal the Gelato menu states that they serve premium ice cream :confused: Also on a previous menu there were no crepe based ice cream desserts offered. If I remember correctly, there were only 2 or at most 3 different crepe based ice cream desserts at Gelato on the Regal. As I stated in my prior post, the confusion arises because on the Gelato menu it states "Any 3 scoops with toppings $3.50 or 1 punch on your Coffee Card." You can also get the alcoholic sundaes for 2 punches. Since the Coffee card can be used to purchase premium ice cream at Gelato, people expect that they should also be able to use the AIBP to do the same. The AIBP states "...includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value)." That appears to state that as opposed to the use of the Coffee Card for ice cream at Gelato, the AIBP is good only for beverages. We didn't have the AIBP for our cruise on the Regal and I never asked in Gelato. The short answer is WHO KNOWS??

The AIBP definitely includes anything that is available as a punch on the coffee card. Gelato falls in that category.
The AIBP states that it includes beverages under $10.00, not anything available with a punch of a Coffee Card. That being said, we really need people to post that have actually used/tried to use the AIBP at Gelato on both the Royal and the Regal. Anything else is pure speculation including anything I posted [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

Princess likes for people to do that. Gelato only costs $1.50 while each punch of a Coffee card costs $2.38. Princess makes $0.88 on that purchase.

When I was on the Royal, the Gelato server insisted the gelato was 3 punches for the 3 scoops. and he could not be persuaded otherwise, so I charged the $1.50 to our cabin.

When I was on the Royal, the Gelato server insisted the gelato was 3 punches for the 3 scoops. and he could not be persuaded otherwise, so I charged the $1.50 to our cabin.
When we were on the Regal, the Gelato menu clearly stated "Any 3 scoops with toppings $3.50 or 1 punch on your Coffee Card." Gelato is only $1.50 for three scoops on the Crown, Emerald and Ruby.

• 2 months later...
Does this include Gratuities or are you still charged for them per drink?

We are recently off the Island Princess 19-day Panama cruise. We both had the AIBP, but we did tip an additional $200.00 to the bar staff and our waiters.

We had a lot of drinks. ;)

We are recently off the Island Princess 19-day Panama cruise. We both had the AIBP, but we did tip an additional $200.00 to the bar staff and our waiters.

We had a lot of drinks. ;)[/quote

That was very nice of you!! It's always good when you get an extra tip. :)

Tony

That was very nice of you!! It's always good when you get an extra tip. :)

Tony

They must have been happy to have served you:)

This staff deserved it, especially the group in Crooner's. No one knew they were getting extra tips until the last night. We were happy to be able to give a little extra. :D