Fram to Antarctica Feb. 23 - March 14, 2017

MSA

Anyone else out there? We're a retired couple from McCall, Idaho. We have been booked on this trip since March 2015. Really looking forward to it. Arriving in Buenos Aires Feb. 17 and immediately flying to Iguassu Falls for 3 nights, then back to BA on Feb. 20. Only staying 1 night in Montevideo on our way home. Hurtigruten is a new experience for us. It appears that this trip is sold out.

Not on the same cruise but will be doing one for Christmas in 2017, it does the Falklands, Georgia and Orkney Islands. It will be our second trip to Antarctica but first expedition style. I predict you will have a great time.

We did Iguazzu Falls a few years ago. It's great you are doing three days so you can see it from both sides. We did it in two but felt a little rushed.

Do you have a Brazilian visa? You will need that if you want to go to that side.

We did Iguazzu Falls a few years ago. It's great you are doing three days so you can see it from both sides. We did it in two but felt a little rushed.

Do you have a Brazilian visa? You will need that if you want to go to that side.

Both sides of Iguazu are thoroughly recommended. We got our Brazilian visa at the border when we crossed from the Argentinian side on the day. UK passports so it may be worth checking if US are different.

Both sides of Iguazu are thoroughly recommended. We got our Brazilian visa at the border when we crossed from the Argentinian side on the day. UK passports so it may be worth checking if US are different.

I don't think you can get US visa's at the border but it is worth checking out.

No, USA citizens need to get their Brazilian visa before leaving the USA. Different rules for the USA in Brazil (as well as Chile).

Loved the falls. Was there two days and went to both sides. Be sure you get to the Paraguay side and walk along the catwalk all the way out to the Devil's Throat. An amazing view! I also took the boat ride (from the Brazilian side) that takes you right up to (and sometimes under) the falls. Beautiful butterflies in that area too. I will most likely be HOT and muggy while you are there. I went in August (winter) and it was still hot, and rained most of the time. Envy your trip!

Thanks everyone for all the information. When I looked regarding visas for Brazil I did see that you could get them at the border but $160 seems a little steep. I think we will stick to the Argentinian side. I did see that there are lots of things to do around the falls area. And, yes, I think it will be hot and muggy--not the same clothes we'll need for Antarctica!

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Sheraton inside the park to avoid travelling in each day. It was a little 'tired' but OK. We had booked the airport transfer and the trip to the Brazilian side with Remises Ecologia through the hotel before we left home.