Weather in Fjords

danielundecided

Hi all,

We're looking at and are very close to pre-booking the Azura A818 cruise on the 14th July 2018 - please could anyone advise us as to what the weather will be like? We are planning to get a balcony cabin so we would be on A deck or B deck - I know Azura is a big ship but should she rock a lot? Will it be quite sunny but England-like temperatures? Thanks a lot - very excited!

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Fjords are wonderful, especially when the weather is nice, we have been several times between late May and end of June, we have been lucky with the weather most days. The weather is similar to the UK, it can be cooler as you head further north. Azura is a nice ship and like any ship you will get movement in rough seas, which you are unlikely to get in July.

It could be glorious sunshine, it could be throwing it down all week! We've had both.

We had 5-6m swells and very high winds across the bow crossing the North Sea on Grand Princess, which is a similar design, and it was stable.

Edited by Thejuggler

The weather in Norway in July can be anything from glorious sunshine to constant drizzle to sunshine and showers.

I've been to Norway more times than I can recall and always had a wonderful time no matter what the weather has been like. Just take appropriate clothing that you can layer up and you'll be fine....

Being summer, it's very likely (but not 100% guaranteed) that the voyage across the North Sea will be smooth.

VP

Hi all,

We're looking at and are very close to pre-booking the Azura A818 cruise on the 14th July 2018 - please could anyone advise us as to what the weather will be like? We are planning to get a balcony cabin so we would be on A deck or B deck - I know Azura is a big ship but should she rock a lot? Will it be quite sunny but England-like temperatures? Thanks a lot - very excited!

Dan

Just returned from the fjords and had lovely weather, even in Bergan. It was blue skies most of the time. Had low cloud in a couple of stops up the mountains , but didn't spoil things.

Just remembered went to the troll wall, and that was covered in low cloud, so you couldn't see it...took a picture of the picture at the bottom instead!

As already said, weather can be glorious - we've had 30 degrees and beautiful sunshine, or torrential rain and 14 degrees, with everything in between!

Norway is, however, stunningly beautiful whatever the weather.

I would book a cabin with a balcony to enjoy the beautiful views, but I would make sure it had a ceiling (some don't) and that it didn't have a large overhang above (some do) so that you could see as much of the view as possible.

As stated, you should have calm seas at that time of the year. If you aren't sure how good a sea traveller you are make sure you book mid-ship and lowish - not high- it's more stable.

Happy cruising! :)

Thank you all. I'm planning on calling my TA tonight or tomorrow night to pre-register for a four berth balcony cabin; I've been told they only have 9 of the grade I want :(

We're not too bad with rough seas but it's always more pleasant if the weather's nice!

Edited by danielundecided