Considering a Disney Cruise - Help Me Sort it Out

pappy3393

How do you know which cabins are able to connect? Is there a way to tell that online or do you have to work through a TA?

you can see it in the deck plans on the disney cruise line website (the DCL deckplans are the most up to date)..

i'm trying to think how to describe how it appears - there's an opening bordered by slanted lines on the adjoining wall...

hmmm...i think i'll try to find a deckplan i can share here and point out to you what to look for...

Edited by alaska_planner

to see how a connecting room is depicted go to the following webpage:

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships/deck-plans/

make sure you're looking at the disney fantasy (since that's what you'll be on)

then click on deck 9

then look at the following two staterooms: 9566 and 9568

see how they're connecting rooms?

they have that opening between them with the diagonal lines..

that means there's a door there connecting the rooms.

Edited by alaska_planner

You can choose to book on line--in that case, it is up to you to interpret the deck map as Beth described. Or you can call DCL and book thru them on the phone. Finally, you can select a TA. There is NO advantage to booking thru DCL--they will not suggest anything that you don't already know about and will only suggest Disney marketed products (doing air, insurance, or hotels thru them).

A good TA can be amazing if bad things happen. They can offer suggestions other than things you may have considered. And many offer an onboard credit as a "thanks for booking with us" gift. On the other hand, a bad TA is nothing but a pain!

A certain "Big Box" membership store offers travel services and they give a really big OBC.... too bad I can't tell you the name of that big box membership store but it's worth the price of the annual membership to use them. But of course it would be against CC rules to give you their name ;)

Just sayin!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by JVilleGal

Got it! Thank you Beth. How can you tell what cabins are available for your specific cruise? Are there decks that are desirable and undesirable on the Fantasy? I know that being too far forward or too far back can have more motion in rough seas.

All decks have pluses and minuses. The higher decks are easier to get to the pool and cabanas but move the most when the ship rolls. The mid ship cabins make it a shorter walk to where you want to go but has not fit traffic then the rooms at the ends of the ship. The lower deck cabin rooms are the furthest away from everything but has the least distance traveled when the ship is rolling.

What do you want and we can help figure out the best location for you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My only correction to the above--lower decks are not farthest away from "everything." They are nearest to the restaurants, Guest Services, and the age 0-12 kid areas as well as to the theatres, nightclubs, and many public lounge/bar venues. They are also closest to the walking deck and one public sun deck area as well as the "Midship Detective Agency."

They are farthest from the pools and splash areas, spa, fitness center, beverage stations, buffet, mini golf, and most sun decks.

Edited by moki'smommy

Got it! Thank you Beth. How can you tell what cabins are available for your specific cruise? Are there decks that are desirable and undesirable on the Fantasy? I know that being too far forward or too far back can have more motion in rough seas.

you can check online to see what's available, or you can call DCL, or you can use a TA...

i check myself before i book- but i book with my favorite TA (who gives my onboard credit for using them...i don't think i can post their name here as they're competitors to cruise critic...i think...)

i use any of the online booking websites to see what rooms are available for the cruise i want..

then i tell the TA that i specifically want a certain cabin...

if you're wondering whether a specific cabin is good or not, you can google the room number together with "disney fantasy" and you'll get links to comments saying whether the room is good or not...

i like to be midship, if possible....but that's me...

Edited by alaska_planner

If you are wondering about the deck 2 cabins, these are the only ones we choose. We don't care for the balcony cabins as we are never in them, and the interior and oceanview staterooms are cheaper as well! As stated before, they also have a lower center of gravity if you get motion sickness while in rough seas. If you don't care about having a balcony, and want to save a little dough, choose an inside or oceanview cabin. Here's the link to my video of our category 9B oceanview cabin on deck 2. Absolutely loved this room, and it's very close to the Enchanted Garden restaurant, stairs to deck 3, and the elevator lobby. Either way, you can't go wrong with any stateroom with DCL, they are larger and more accommodating than any other cruise line we've been on!

Anywho, here's the link:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tkerniroc1986

DD and her husband were in an oceanview room for the first time a few weeks ago.

we've always stayed in verandah rooms (on DCL only concierge)..

but DD and her husband wanted to save money on their cruise on the disney magic, so they took an oceanview room (with one big porthole)..

DD was very worried she would feel closed in without the verandah, but as it turned out she LOVED the room (as did her husband)..

they absolutely LOVED being in a room with the big porthole..

they felt they had a much better view of the water from the room than with the verandah (where you tend to have to go out onto the verandah to get a good view)..

she took that room to save $1300, but now she's found her new favorite type of room on DCL....