Fall in Holland & Belgium

rubinstein2r

Thinking of doing Holland and Belgium in October 2017. I know we won't see the tulips but we are more interested in the museums, art and history. The only line I have found offering this is Avalon. If you have done this itinerary in Fall I'd like to know how it was for you. If you know any other lines offering comparable Fall Itineraries please let me know.

Edited by rubinstein2r

This is a tricky one. Most people do want to go in the Spring to see the tulips. I myself would also happily go in autumn. The only company I can think of at the moment is Arosa from Germany. They offer a cruise on the Arosa Silva for example. A return trip from Cologne through the Rhine and the Dutch waterways for seven nights is available to their European customers, leaving 22 September. You might be able to get some info on the American website or through an agent. On such a trip the language might only be German. Their popular cruises from Basel to Amsterdam or vice versa are often designated as international cruises, meaning languages spoken are German and English.

While Amsterdam is a fascinating city (from what I have heard and read) the other towns and cities are great for art and history, too. Even Rotterdam being all modern has got something about it. I love Bruges and Brussels for its medieval architecture and crepes cafés (Bruges) and its Art Nouveau buildings, museums and chocolate (Brussels).

I am sure Avalon deliver a great product, if you cannot go with another company I would have no hesitation in going with them. Are yo thinking of the Enchanting Belgium tour leaving 27 September? It sounds great. This was a new itinerary for Avalon this year so I fear you might not get much feedback on this one.

I hope someone will be able to help you with first hand knowledge.

notamermaid