Solstice refurb coming soon.

The Taste of Film sounds interesting. Wouldn't this be on the grass area which apparently gets closed off after having been trampled on too many times? Wonder how many times they would have it on each cruise.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if I missed seeing the glass blowing..

I liked the glass blowing. Friends of ours are coming with us on their first ever cruise in March and they are looking forward to the glass blowing. Never mind, it will still be a fantastic cruise for them if it is not a feature any more. Things need to change and evolve. That is the way of things....

Just read the press release, as we are on the Solstice in Feb I am interested in the upgrade. However it only sounds like they are adding money making options. I bet the movie dining will be an extra cost, so is the Sushi, photographs, don't do them, art gallery, not interested. Can't afford a suite. Curious to see if the new Cabanas around the lawned area are free.

Doesn't seem to be anything new for the cruiser that does not upspend.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just read the press release, as we are on the Solstice in Feb I am interested in the upgrade. However it only sounds like they are adding money making options. I bet the movie dining will be an extra cost, so is the Sushi, photographs, don't do them, art gallery, not interested. Can't afford a suite. Curious to see if the new Cabanas around the lawned area are free.

Its never been free.....In the ... "old days" ... everything except drinks and tips was included , but the price of cruising was a way lot higher than it is today.

Agree, that was my thoughts too when I read it; that the changes are mostly revenue raising. As you suggest, the movie dining is an extra cost option. The cabanas are also a significant charge - US$150/day.

As per the earlier comment, I expect glass blowing will be removed as the cabanas are added, bringing Solstice into line with the newer Solstice class ships which have cabanas but no glass blowing. And obviously the glass blowing earns no revenue, but has a fuel, supplies and staff cost.

Cabanas $150 a day [emoji33] and that would be US. While I enjoy the Solstice the one thing I didn't like about it last time is that there seem to be so many spaces that are either extra fee or for suite guests only. Looks like that nice lawned area is going the same way.

They won't be free and neither will the food pairings.

BTW, Sushi replaces Bistro on 5.

Cabanas $150 a day [emoji33] and that would be US. While I enjoy the Solstice the one thing I didn't like about it last time is that there seem to be so many spaces that are either extra fee or for suite guests only. Looks like that nice lawned area is going the same way.

The lawn will still be there and the Cabana's may be $150 per day but you could always have a few people sharing that cost.

The lawn will still be there and the Cabana's may be $150 per day but you could always have a few people sharing that cost.

It'll still be there, but instead of having a nice green expanse over the ocean, it's now like you're squeezed in between all the 'private property'.

Or you shell out the extra dosh to get the uninterrupted view you had before. And most people aren't sailing with others, so it's pay the cost or squeeze in.

It'll still be there, but instead of having a nice green expanse over the ocean, it's now like you're squeezed in between all the 'private property'.

Or you shell out the extra dosh to get the uninterrupted view you had before. And most people aren't sailing with others, so it's pay the cost or squeeze in.

Perhaps but we seem to be always travelling with some one we know fro an other cruise or with family.