How is a birthday celebrated?

Mom3Boys

We are going on a cruise in November (on the Star). One of the people in our group will have a birthday the week we come back. Can we celebrate his birthday early. Would he get a cake, balloons??? What is the extra cost? Thank you! Linda

No charge for a birthday cake. Just alert your waiter the day prior or if you dine in one of the alternates let them know when you make the reservation.

If the birthday is placed in the Personalizer and you are sailing on that date, there will also be balloons placed above his door on that morning with Happy Birthday stamped on them.

Hubby also got a birthday card last April signed by the captain.

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

Wife had a birthday on the Zuiderdam last May and it went the way it's described here. You even get Happy Birthday sung to you.

Island Princess - Hawaii, Nov.5/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;5;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Sun Princess - Feb.7/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;02;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I'm new to Princess having only done Carnival in the past, what is the "personalizer"? Changing cruiselines is like learning a whole new language!icon_smile.gif Thank you in advance for your help!

coming_soon_banner.gif

Atom.gifGroup board for the Royal Hounds 9/19/04

For pricing and booking info click:Royal Hounds

Miracle 2/13/05, Royal Hounds 9/19/04, Conquestadors 1/11/04,

Glory Hounds 9/13/03, Triumph 1/03, Fascination 5/02

royalsmallwide.gif

If lifes a beach... then I want to cruise there!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cdnguy:

Wife had a birthday on the Zuiderdam last May and it went the way it's described here. You even get Happy Birthday sung to you.

Owing to all the accents it is usually more like "abby berzday to you"

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;5;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Sun Princess - Feb.7/05

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;02;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Life is at it's best when your address floats

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If the birthday is placed in the Personalizer and you are sailing on that date, there will also be balloons placed above his door on that morning with Happy Birthday stamped on them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> This depends on the room steward you have as it is apparently up to them. Also they keep the cakes on hand so as you sit down to the table in PC it is not too late to mention the birthday.

Future cruises:

5/04 HAL-Amsterdam-Alaska

9/04 Star Princess-Med.x2 Venice to Barcelona/ Barcelona to Rome

11/04 Dawn Princess-Southern Caribbean

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess-Mexican Riviera

July 05 Star Princess-Baltics

Aug. 05 Star Princess-Baltics

Past cruises:

04 Dawn Princess- Southern Caribbean x2

03 Grand Princess-W.Caribbean

03 Sun Princess -Mexico

03-Tahitian Princess-Tahiti/ Cook Islands

03 Royal Princess-x2 British Isles & Norwegian Fjords/ Iceland

03 Island Princess-Panama Canal

01 HAL Ryndam x 2-S. America San Diego to Valpariso/ & around Cape Horn to Rio

00 Sky Princess-China/Orient

79 Sitmar's Fairwind- Caribbean/Panama Canal

When I cruised with my friend, it was her birthday on the day we embarked, so both myself and the TA contacted Princess to be sure that it was celebrated - I also put it in the personalizer, but there was nothing when we got there, and I had a card that I put on her pillow before we left (funny thing is we have a knack of traveling on her birthday)... didn't have anything to leave from her boyfriend though that would have been cute. Anyway, the steward saw the card when he came to do turn-down, so there were balloons on the cabin the next day and then at dinner I asked the maitre d' for a cake and they sang to the wrong person - it was very humorous... they apologized and looked very embarrassed... not the greatest of planning but fun anyway.

icon_biggrin.gif

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dawn Princess 04/11/2004 ~ Southern Caribbean

? Caribbean Princess 2004 ?

Pammyhound,

The Personalizer is on the Princess website at www.princess.com. Click on Cruise Personalizer on the top row and a new page will come up. Just enter your name and booking number to enter. Your name must exactly match the name as it appears on the booking.

The Personalizer is used to provide required immigration information, personal preferences, special requests, etc. By providing credit card information, you will qualify for Express Check-in, which will, at least at some ports, speed up the embarkation process.

BTW, we have celebrated two anniversaries and one birthday while on board. I entered the information into the Personalizer and all three times, these occasions were acknowledged as stated in the posts above.

Jim

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;10;4;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Dawn Princess to W. Caribbean 10/4/04

Diamond Princess 2-Day Mexican Sampler 3/04

Star Princess to Alaska 7/03

Star Princess 3-Day Coastal 5/03

Sun Princess to Hawaii 1/03

Star Princess to Mexico 11/02

Sea Princess to Mexico 11/01

My birthday was during our last cruise so I noted it on the personalizer. The day came and went with nothing special. My husband asked the room steward about it and she said no one had told her. She offered to decorate (after the fact) but I said I really didn't need it. (I've had plenty of birthdays!) We were also told there would be a cake in the didng room, but my husband also had to ask for this. They did bring a small chocolate cake and sang Happy Birthday.

I don't know why they have it on the personalizer if they don't pass it along. Just be sure to let your room steward know in advance and they will decorate for you.

Karen

Thank Jim, now I know one more of the "foreign" words! It's like Carnival's Fun Pass, I got it now!

Karen, I see you're from Green Bay, I'm from Wisconsin too... Chippewa Falls to be exact. Howdy neighbor.

coming_soon_banner.gif

royalsmallwide.gif

Pammy-

I've followed some of your posts on the Carnival board- I'm glad you're "spreading the wealth" to some other boards. It looks like you have extensive cruising knowledge. There are a lot of people on this board to help you with your Princess experience.

Chippewa Falls- isn't that the town that slows me down on the way to the Mall of America?

I know- it's the home of Leinenkugel's Beer!!

Hello fellow cheesehead.

Karen

Karen, thank you for your kind words! Yes, Chippewa Falls is home to Leinenkugal's beer! The brewery is only about 4 miles from my house. You'll have to let me know when you're coming through next time.

Although I began my cruise addiction on Carnival, I wanted to try all the other lines to see how they differ, so I can be a well rounded cruise-aholic! My love is now group cruising and so brining my band of rebel Hounds to Princess after sailing RCI this fall seemed like the logical choice! Hope you as well as other Princess fans will consider joining us! We have fantastic pricing for the 9/17/05 Caribbean Princess! Let me know if you're interested!

coming_soon_banner.gif

royalsmallwide.gif

Our cruise started on my birthday last year. I had entered it into the personalizer. My partner went to the dining room and spoke with the maitre d' to make sure I'd have a cake that night.

My balloons showed up the next day. They do make it easier to spot your cabin when you're walking down the hall. We discovered this when the people next door on a previous cruise had anniversary balloons on their door.

cdnguy,

I am from Minnesota originally, know all about that Canadian accent, usually mumbled from behind a 200 mph slap shot.

Diamond Princess 12/04

Ecstacy 09/01

Century 12/97

Century 9/96

That is actually "happy aniversary"... but it is easy to get the two confused. icon_biggrin.gif

Diamond Princess 12/04

Ecstacy 09/01

Century 12/97

Century 9/96

Thanks for the information everyone. I am celebrating my birthday on our Coral cruise. I put it in the personalizer but now I know to also have my DH cue in the steward and the waiter.

Another Cheesehead says hello, Pammyhound and Karen! icon_biggrin.gif

Stella Solaris '80

Carnival Celebration '92

RCCL Majesty of the Seas '01

Coral Princess '04

I knew getting older was ok, and we are celebrating a Birthday on Diamond for her in a few days... just what I needed, more dessert.

Diamond Princess 12/04

Ecstacy 09/01

Century 12/97

Century 9/96

I just had a birthday first week of April. Glad it wasn't on a cruise. With a cake that small & with so many years accumulated so far there'd be no place to put all my candles.

(This is for srphnx)....EH?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;5;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Sun Princess - Feb.7/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;02;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

cdnguy,

Remember to book a future cruise when on your next Princess cruise, you get $100 off and that is $100 US, so about $3,800 cdn. icon_biggrin.gif

Diamond Princess 12/04

Ecstacy 09/01

Century 12/97

Century 9/96

srphnx:

"Remember to book a future cruise when on your next Princess cruise, you get $100 off and that is $100 US"

Wouldn't let a good deal like that pass me by.

Have three now. One each applied to my countdown cruises and one in the bank. US $$$$$'s whoohoo.

Probably pick up another one or two on the Sun in Feb. icon_smile.gif

Sun Princess - Feb.7/05

Archived