Half Moon Cay Cabana Color Help

lorimay

I'm trying to book a cabana on Half Moon Cay and need help with the colors vs. numbers. We are on Holland America and they identify the cabanas only by color. I originally booked Orange but decided we wanted something more quiet. I called the excursions department and she told me they had Terracotta (she said it was number 14) and Gray. On the map I have seen it looks like Gray is number 1. She said no, that is Taupe and Gray is number 11. I just want to make sure this is correct - I really don't want cabana number 1.

Anyone been there recently who can verify the colors? The cabana map I find online doesn't match up colorwise at all with what she told me. Thanks so much!

Do a quick search on this board. There are many maps with numbers and colors posted here. The layout hasn't changed in many years.

Or take #14. That meets your specs. We like #10 (Green), so #11 would probably also meet your needs.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I was able to find a picture of the grey cabana with number 11 on it, so I did get the cabana I want. The problem is the maps have colors on the cabanas but they don't correspond exactly with the colors that HAL calls the cabanas. Mystery solved!

I'm trying to book a cabana on Half Moon Cay and need help with the colors vs. numbers. We are on Holland America and they identify the cabanas only by color. I originally booked Orange but decided we wanted something more quiet. I called the excursions department and she told me they had Terracotta (she said it was number 14) and Gray. On the map I have seen it looks like Gray is number 1. She said no, that is Taupe and Gray is number 11. I just want to make sure this is correct - I really don't want cabana number 1.

Anyone been there recently who can verify the colors? The cabana map I find online doesn't match up colorwise at all with what she told me. Thanks so much!

We just got back, and we had #10 (whatever the color). My wife and I think that #6 would have been better in terms of location. The music wasn't bad.

HMC was just as promised, beautiful and fun.

We just got back, and we had #10 (whatever the color). My wife and I think that #6 would have been better in terms of location. The music wasn't bad.

"Better" is strictly personal preference. We certainly don't want loud music, so #10,,which is Green on HAL's website. We have been in it twice, and have it booked twice for our next B2B cruise.

We had #6 a few years ago and it was perfect. Far enough away from the most crowded part of the beach but still close to washrooms and bar. I don't remember hearing the music so if we did, it was not loud enough to remember :)

Edited by jtdlmc

I was able to find a picture of the grey cabana with number 11 on it, so I did get the cabana I want. The problem is the maps have colors on the cabanas but they don't correspond exactly with the colors that HAL calls the cabanas. Mystery solved!

I also chose this cabana for our Nieuw Amsterdam cruise in December. Everyone said it is far enough away from the crowds and I liked that it has a few trees and the hammock for relaxation!! I found a thread from someone who said there is now a new beach villa in between 12 and 13 so they had to cut down all the trees. Someone else said the crew hangs out right past 15 and they tend to get loud and rambunctious, so I thought 11, Gray should be PERFECT!!