Guarantee Cabin Assignment Question

sfo-john

Bruce you have my Sympathies, Our QM2 Room was not allocated until 5 days before the cruise! They do seem to be leaving it later and later to allocate the rooms.

I used to think once you had done all the online checkin etc, that might nudge the computer to do its allocation and it had worked in the past. BUT not the last one! I ended up ringing Cunard and they put me through to Inventory, who said I would be allocated a room in the next few days! (I lived in the hope of an upgrade! Suffice to say it did not happen)

Hope its allocated soon.

Cheers

Gary

Edited by wallis7219

Adammara

Which site are you looking at, just curious? Our voyage V616c has been removed from the US site for bookings for almost 4 weeks now. The Grills haven't had availability since early September.

Cunard is now telling us we will only get an assignment when we are at the pier on Saturday????? It sounds very strange.

Bruce

That cruise is shown as sold out on the UK site now! I followed the pricing of our cruise daily, waiting for assignment, prices and availability were all over the place right up to departure. When we visited QE in August, I asked the Cruise sales staff about assignments, and they assured me it can be up to embarkation before you get one, strangely, after asking, we got assigned a cabin 3 days later!

Must have missed mine then ( QM2 September 1st) Just looked and it's still in my travel wallet . :D

Mine has always been returned to me as well Bell Boy.

However, being a 'belt and braces' chap I always print off a duplicate.

Next up a return to Queens Grill. I need a new document holder.

Just back from QM2 and had to hand E.ticket in as well as passport ect. I notice that a lady was going along behind the checkers in and collecting the e.ticket and put them in a large box. So yes you do need an e.ticket at Southampton.

I believe it's the Health Questioner that goes into that brown Box. ;)

I believe it's the Health Questioner that goes into that brown Box. ;)
It always has been when I've seen paperwork collected at Southampton.

I move forward to the check-in desk, hand over the health questionnaire, which is then whisked away by someone patrolling up and down behind the desks.