Is there a time change in Antigua

masim17

I have a tour scheduled with Lawrence of Antigua in October. He has us for a meeting time that is before we dock. Our schedule says we dock at 9 am, he insists we dock at 7 am. Does the ship change to Antigua time, or do we adjust as needed? Thanks

• 2 months later...

Did you take your cruise and get this answered?

I assume there must be a change in ship's time that the tour operators know about, since I booked a tour with a meeting time of 8:50 am, but Antigua is an hour different from east coast, and so if we dock at ship's/east coast time of 8, that'll be 9 Antigua time, and we'll already have missed it.

Hoping that they know something we don't know. :)

Did you take your cruise and get this answered?

I assume there must be a change in ship's time that the tour operators know about, since I booked a tour with a meeting time of 8:50 am, but Antigua is an hour different from east coast, and so if we dock at ship's/east coast time of 8, that'll be 9 Antigua time, and we'll already have missed it.

Hoping that they know something we don't know. :)

Is your cruise after daylight savings? They do not have daylight savings.

Is your cruise after daylight savings? They do not have daylight savings.

It's in a couple weeks. :)

I figured out my confusion. I keep thinking we are leaving from Canaveral, but we are leaving from San Juan. PR and Antigua are on the same time zone and neither change time (not that it's relevant right now) so it's all good.

Sure wish I'd realized it before sending the question to the tour operator. They must think I'm a ditz.

As long as we remember to catch our flight from MCO to SJU rather than going to Canaveral, though, I'm good. ;)

It's in a couple weeks. :)

I figured out my confusion. I keep thinking we are leaving from Canaveral, but we are leaving from San Juan. PR and Antigua are on the same time zone and neither change time (not that it's relevant right now) so it's all good.

Sure wish I'd realized it before sending the question to the tour operator. They must think I'm a ditz.

As long as we remember to catch our flight from MCO to SJU rather than going to Canaveral, though, I'm good. ;)

LOL it happens! Sometimes difficult keeping everything straight. At least you can stop worrying and enjoy your vacation now!