Parking availability @ Pier 88 (Manhattan Cruise Terminal)

UpstateCruiser1007

The plan is to park at the pier for our upcoming cruise. We're traveling from Upstate the morning of and plan to get to the pier around 9:30 but who knows what kind of delays we could potentially run into. Obviously there are only a set number of parking spots so securing one is crucial. I know that we won't have any issues with parking if we arrive at 9:30 (except for maybe those departing from the previous cruise?) but what about those arriving later? Does the parking typically sell out? What would the alternative be for those who don't secure a spot?

A sell out is very rare, although I was there one weekend a few years ago when it happened according to a passenger who was a late arrival at the pier.

There is also parking on top of Pier 90 and Pier 92, and you'll probably be accommodated at one of those parking lots.

Per the parking lot operator there are additional parking lots at 59th St:

https://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/parking/

Edited by njhorseman

I would say that at 9:30 you're going to have more people leaving the parking lot than entering. Last year we parked there and from our balcony you could see the parking lot. There were still spots available right before sailing so I doubt you need to worry about not finding a spot.

You can always use Park Right as an alternative, a private lot across the street and only about a five minute walk away. They are quite a bit cheaper, and if you call them ask they usually give you a a promo code for additional savings by booking online. I believe we paid about $25 a day versus $40.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but we were looking at parking at the Port Imperial / Weehawken ferry terminal then taking the ferry over to Midtown / W. 39th Street. Then walking up.

Has anyone ever done this? I don't see a daily rate on parking so I'm not even sure I can park there overnight. Unfortunately we leave on Oct. 13th and I believe they are having an event on 12th Ave. that day and really didn't want to be tied up with that.

I called the parking garage and unfortunately couldn't understand the attendant at all when I asked.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but we were looking at parking at the Port Imperial / Weehawken ferry terminal then taking the ferry over to Midtown / W. 39th Street. Then walking up.

Has anyone ever done this? I don't see a daily rate on parking so I'm not even sure I can park there overnight. Unfortunately we leave on Oct. 13th and I believe they are having an event on 12th Ave. that day and really didn't want to be tied up with that.

I called the parking garage and unfortunately couldn't understand the attendant at all when I asked.

http://www.nywaterway.com/indoorparkinggarage.aspx

Parking is $16/day and you can park overnight.