Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

I contacted my PCC today to ask about these bids, we have 4 ncl cruises and one coming up and he said, they're not offered to UK guests, even if booked direct with NCL. My answer, well I'll stop booking through you at ncl uk then and book though Miami in future.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You should. I saved literally thousands on my upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am currently in a Balcony B2 cabin on Escape and my current bid to H7 is 1180 ea. I have become obsessed with this bidding nonsense! It's terrible when you lay in bed at night imagining yourself in the cabin your bidding on![/quote

No wonder they went to the bidding process. Your bid is huge! We did an upsell on the dawn for 750 pp and ? If it was worth it. Would love to be in the haven on escape but maybe it would be cheaper to buy outright!

I am currently booked on Ncl Breakaway for April 2 in a mini suite with large balcony M6 for me and my husband. I placed a bid on 3 haven cabins:

-The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with balcony (H5)

-The Haven forward facing Penthouse with balcony (H7)

-The Haven Spa Suite with balcony (H9)

I placed the lowest possible bid on each, which was $400 per person. In total $800 if the bid gets accepted. I see that the haven spa suite only has 1 room left. The haven courtyard penthouse still has 4 rooms left. And the forward facing penthouse is gone. I hope the bid gets accepted even though it is a poor bid.:( I like the mini suite but, who wouldn't want a chance at the haven. Keeping my fingers crossed, if I don't get it, oh well. I'll still be on a awesome cruise!;p Still have 9 more days to go. I wish they would just email me yes or no so I could at least know.

I am currently booked on Ncl Breakaway for April 2 in a mini suite with large balcony M6 for me and my husband. I placed a bid on 3 haven cabins:

-The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with balcony (H5)

-The Haven forward facing Penthouse with balcony (H7)

-The Haven Spa Suite with balcony (H9)

I placed the lowest possible bid on each, which was $400 per person. In total $800 if the bid gets accepted. I see that the haven spa suite only has 1 room left. The haven courtyard penthouse still has 4 rooms left. And the forward facing penthouse is gone. I hope the bid gets accepted even though it is a poor bid.:( I like the mini suite but, who wouldn't want a chance at the haven. Keeping my fingers crossed, if I don't get it, oh well. I'll still be on a awesome cruise!;p Still have 9 more days to go. I wish they would just email me yes or no so I could at least know.

Are there any H4 cabins left? I know it's a 2 bedroom but my husband and I booked one and LOVED the extra bedroom (storage) and extra full bathroom. They tend to go last as well.

Are there any H4 cabins left? I know it's a 2 bedroom but my husband and I booked one and LOVED the extra bedroom (storage) and extra full bathroom. They tend to go last as well.

yea I just checked and there is 10 rooms left but the lowest bid is $1,000 per person. So that will be $2,000 in total. It's way out of the budget I'm trying to keep but so tempting! Lol. I'll think it over maybe try my luck. Thanks for the advice!

yea I just checked and there is 10 rooms left but the lowest bid is $1,000 per person. So that will be $2,000 in total. It's way out of the budget I'm trying to keep but so tempting! Lol. I'll think it over maybe try my luck. Thanks for the advice!

Wow!!! You'll enjoy no matter what cabin you are in!

I have to say that the whole bidding process is the greatest and worst thing I have encountered before going on a cruise. First off, I knew nothing about this before I got my bidding email. After my last cruise on the GA we toured the Haven before we disembarked and thought someday we would have to splurge and do it, but it wasn't planned for this trip. Now I have submitted bids at every level of the Haven in hopes of winning the upgrade, that's the great part. NOW, I am living in Upgrade HELL. I am checking this site and NCL every few hours to see how many Haven rooms are left in hopes of winning one. Every morning I hope to see an email from NCL even though my sailing date isn't until April 15th and I know its still to early to get picked. I have upped my bids several times hoping it might do the trick. I go to bed thinking of the great surprise I will give my family when we walk into the Haven waiting area for pre-boarding and my wife gives me that look like we are not allowed to be there. So needless to say I NEED this cruise to rest from this process and all the stress it is causing. If I win I will be the one drinking heavily at the Haven bar at departure trying to relax. Good luck bidding everyone!

PS......just don't outbid me.

I have to say that the whole bidding process is the greatest and worst thing I have encountered before going on a cruise. First off, I knew nothing about this before I got my bidding email. After my last cruise on the GA we toured the Haven before we disembarked and thought someday we would have to splurge and do it, but it wasn't planned for this trip. Now I have submitted bids at every level of the Haven in hopes of winning the upgrade, that's the great part. NOW, I am living in Upgrade HELL. I am checking this site and NCL every few hours to see how many Haven rooms are left in hopes of winning one. Every morning I hope to see an email from NCL even though my sailing date isn't until April 15th and I know its still to early to get picked. I have upped my bids several times hoping it might do the trick. I go to bed thinking of the great surprise I will give my family when we walk into the Haven waiting area for pre-boarding and my wife gives me that look like we are not allowed to be there. So needless to say I NEED this cruise to rest from this process and all the stress it is causing. If I win I will be the one drinking heavily at the Haven bar at departure trying to relax. Good luck bidding everyone!

I have been exactly the same way! I lay in bed at night imagining my family's reaction when we walk into our Haven cabin! We sail this Saturday and the anticipation is killing me! I am checking my email so many times during the day -- it truly is an obsession. And then I worry that I am not getting the email so I check the NCL site to see what cabin is listed for us. It really is upgrade hell, like you said!! Keeping it a secret from my family is also a killer. And I have changed my bids too many times to count. I am glad I am not the only one who is acting all crazy around this. Good luck!

I have been exactly the same way! I lay in bed at night imagining my family's reaction when we walk into our Haven cabin! We sail this Saturday and the anticipation is killing me! I am checking my email so many times during the day -- it truly is an obsession. And then I worry that I am not getting the email so I check the NCL site to see what cabin is listed for us. It really is upgrade hell, like you said!! Keeping it a secret from my family is also a killer. And I have changed my bids too many times to count. I am glad I am not the only one who is acting all crazy around this. Good luck!

It is ERY stressful. My husband knew we had booked The Haven, but was surprised when we walked into one of the Owners suites!

This actually now comes up in my online cruise planner account. At least mine did. When I logged in, I immediately see a screen that invites me to "bid" to upgrade. I find it humorous that there's actually a "meter" off to the right. For example, for the spa suite in the haven, the lowest bid on the "slide bar" is $400 per person, but if I do make the bid, the meter on the right shows a grade of "poor"...lol. The higher the bid amount on the slide bar, the better the grade on the meter. So of course, your chances of getting your bid approved and accepted would more than likely need to receive the highest grade of "excellent".

There must be a bunch of us doing the same thing 😬. I think I have changed my bids up and down at least 30 times in the last two months! I know it won't be the worst thing if I don't win my bids since I picked an aft balcony stateroom with a huge balcony, that would put us near the places we'll spend lots of time at if we are not in the Haven.

I check the NCL website and do a mock booking 3 times a day to see the inventory! I too lay in bed at night thinking of how wonderful it would be for our adult daughter who has had a rough 3 years with no real vacation.

If we don't win our bid we will still have a great time and have lots of $$$ to spend onboard and on excursions, so I tell myself no matter what it's a win/win. 😊

It is too easy to overbid for an upgrade if you are not careful. I keep reading were bidders are changing their bids numerous times because they feel that they MUST increase in order to stand a chance of "winning". Remember folks you pay for the "winning" and NCL is counting on you to feel like your bid is too low and must increase numerous times for that "meter" to move up. You don't get any extra perks for upgrading other then what you currently have so keep that in mind when bidding. Just my .02 cents Good luck in bidding

Edited by nealjr
correction

Lol, glad to see I am in good company! I check the ncl site multiple times a day. Then, thinking its wrong, check my credit card website to see if ive been charged! Like you, it wb a surprise for my family, of which we are celebrating my 17 yr old sons birthday (he turns,17 on the 11th).

I can just imagine his face if we get the Haven!

Lol, glad to see I am in good company! I check the ncl site multiple times a day. Then, thinking its wrong, check my credit card website to see if ive been charged! Like you, it wb a surprise for my family, of which we are celebrating my 17 yr old sons birthday (he turns,17 on the 11th).

I can just imagine his face if we get the Haven!

Oh! I hadn't thought of checking my credit card to see if I have been charged! I will add that to my crazy routine that I do too many times a day to count! We are celebrating our son's 18th birthday and graduation... the Haven upgrade (if I get it) would be a birthday surprise for my husband who turns 50 in a couple of months. Good luck!

It is too easy to overbid for an upgrade if you are not careful. I keep reading were bidders are changing their bids numerous times because they feel that they MUST increase in order to stand a chance of "winning". Remember folks you pay for the "winning" and NCL is counting on you to feel like your bid is too low and must increase numerous times for that "meter" to move up. You don't get any extra perks for upgrading other then what you currently have so keep that in mind when bidding. Just my .02 cents Good luck in bidding

I make sure my bids, combined with what my original cabin fare + cost difference of perks I would have gotten if I'd payed full fare, are a discount off of booking Haven outright. Weird to me that as availability of the H5 has gone down so has the price -sort of- while the first two passenger rate has gone down by $100 pp, this week, the cost of an additional guest has increased by the same amount. But the price pp has dropped some $700 since I started watching the prices.

I'm not looking for a steal, just looking for a little discount at this point.

Oh! I hadn't thought of checking my credit card to see if I have been charged! I will add that to my crazy routine that I do too many times a day to count! We are celebrating our son's 18th birthday and graduation... the Haven upgrade (if I get it) would be a birthday surprise for my husband who turns 50 in a couple of months. Good luck!

Wow, lots to celebrate!! Glad to help you reach another level of crazy by adding a credit card check to your list :D. Best of luck!!!!

AAARRGGHHHHHH now I will be checking my card every hour....There's money set aside for this vacation for clothes, excersions, specialty restaurants but it all depends on if I get this room or not that will take some of that budget. Man, why did I ever start the insanity?

AAARRGGHHHHHH now I will be checking my card every hour....There's money set aside for this vacation for clothes, excersions, specialty restaurants but it all depends on if I get this room or not that will take some of that budget. Man, why did I ever start the insanity?

Hahaha! I know, right?! Tomorrow is the "48 hours before the cruise" mark, so the end is in sight for me. Thank goodness!!

We are 70 days out for epic sailing. Those of you who have won your bids how soon before sailing were your bids accepted

I've been hearing 48-72 hours before sailing you should receive either good or bad news. I know we are flying out on the Thursday before we sail on Sunday and I'll be contacting NCL come that Wednesday if I haven't heard anything.:mad: