Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

Received my email from NCL saying I did not receive upsell for this Saturday escape. We are in a mini suite with a large balcony and bid in the poor range for all haven suites except courtyard penthouse which we bid high fair borderlng on good. Thought we had a good chance with that one but you never know. I really miss the old upsell process of calling in. Hope some of you got what you wanted!!

Do you know how many Haven suites were available over the past couple days on your cruise?

Received my email from NCL saying I did not receive upsell for this Saturday escape. We are in a mini suite with a large balcony and bid in the poor range for all haven suites except courtyard penthouse which we bid high fair borderlng on good. Thought we had a good chance with that one but you never know. I really miss the old upsell process of calling in. Hope some of you got what you wanted!!

Sorry you didnt get the upgrade! I really dont have alot of confidence in our bids if your fair/good rate wasnt accepted, but i refuse to bid any more than i have done. We are happy with our mini suite, but would love a chance to try out the Haven!

Enjoy your cruise:)

Do you know how many Haven suites were available over the past couple days on your cruise?

For at least a month only the courtyard penthouses were showing available and I think the Haven spa but we are 3 people and can't fit in those. There were 8 courtyard penthouse suites available until last week when it went to 5 and then this week 1.

Sorry you didnt get the upgrade! I really dont have alot of confidence in our bids if your fair/good rate wasnt accepted, but i refuse to bid any more than i have done. We are happy with our mini suite, but would love a chance to try out the Haven!

Enjoy your cruise:)

Thank you. You may have better luck if there is more available on your sailing. Also I'm not sure there is any rhyme or reason in how they are upgrading. Someone posted they did not get an upgrade (on a different sailing) but their friends did even though the friends bid less and originally paid less. This new process is too stressful for me lol

Thank you. You may have better luck if there is more available on your sailing. Also I'm not sure there is any rhyme or reason in how they are upgrading. Someone posted they did not get an upgrade (on a different sailing) but their friends did even though the friends bid less and originally paid less. This new process is too stressful for me lol

Stress is not a strong enough of a word. I still have over a week to go and I'm not sure I will make it. I check every few hours to see how many Haven rooms are left. I think I'll be hitting every bar on day one just to forget this whole process. Hope one of those bars is the Haven Lounge.;p

Stress is not a strong enough of a word. I still have over a week to go and I'm not sure I will make it. I check every few hours to see how many Haven rooms are left. I think I'll be hitting every bar on day one just to forget this whole process. Hope one of those bars is the Haven Lounge.;p

It became an obsession!! Good thing I'm on the 8th floor right near all the bars lol. I hope you get your upsell!! Have a great trip. I guess I can print my non Haven luggage tags now.

Do what I did - assume your bid will not be accepted and totally buy in to what you have now... then when the email comes it's either "ho hum" or a very nice surprise.

I received the latter a few days ago for this Sundays sailing. :cool:

You are so right....its not a strong enough word lol. I feel a little obsessed w the whole process! I check every couple of hours too!! I think you all are right about there being no rhyme or reason to this upsell thing. Just keeping my fingers crossed :)

Oh well, its only another week to go ;)

You are so right....its not a strong enough word lol. I feel a little obsessed w the whole process! I check every couple of hours too!! I think you all are right about there being no rhyme or reason to this upsell thing. Just keeping my fingers crossed :)

Oh well, its only another week to go ;)

Are you on the Escape 4/15? So am I. Good luck on bidding but only after I get one. HA! :evilsmile:

I see that I am in excellent company. I am totally obsessed with the status of my bid. I am too embarrassed to admit how many times a day I check inventory, my ncl profile, my credit card and of course the bidding site. I get some sort of sick joy in playing around with the sliding scale thingy, increasing my bid and then cancelling. Yeah, I am so toasted. Can't wait until next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see that I am in excellent company. I am totally obsessed with the status of my bid. I am too embarrassed to admit how many times a day I check inventory, my ncl profile, my credit card and of course the bidding site. I get some sort of sick joy in playing around with the sliding scale thingy, increasing my bid and then cancelling. Yeah, I am so toasted. Can't wait until next week.

I expect to see all the stressed bidders hovered around the bars...some happy some sad.

Are you on the Escape 4/15? So am I. Good luck on bidding but only after I get one. HA! :evilsmile:

I am as well! We are in Haven already but I have a lowball bid on a slight upgrade. Good luck!

I bid on four haven cabins for the April 8th sailing. I did not win anything.

Those that were suppose to have been on Summitt for this weekend, I have four custom made magnets just refers to that cruise. Let me know if interested and you can come to my cabin to pick it up. Cabin 12912.

Do what I did - assume your bid will not be accepted and totally buy in to what you have now... then when the email comes it's either "ho hum" or a very nice surprise.

I received the latter a few days ago for this Sundays sailing. :cool:

Flyguy you are the breakaway? What room did you win with your bid?

I bid on four haven cabins for the April 8th sailing. I did not win anything.

Those that were suppose to have been on Summitt for this weekend, I have four custom made magnets just refers to that cruise. Let me know if interested and you can come to my cabin to pick it up. Cabin 12912.

Sorry to hear that you did not get an upgrade also. Now I know what was the surprise gift [emoji6]. Put me on your list for one if u can. It will be a souvenir for all the things we past thought since 2 weeks and my kids staying at home will surely love it. We will try to get to the meeting on Sunday , if we're not to shy to practice our English with u folks of CC. [emoji55] [emoji4]

Me too! We sail on Sunday and haven't heard anything!

Between me checking for my upgrade and watching the pregnant giraffe....I'm gonna need a Valium. :halo::'):halo:

Flyguy you are the breakaway? What room did you win with your bid?

They gave me 14728 haven spa suite. Was a little worried about being on the starboard side but it's the farthest one forward and people who have been in that suite said they heard nothing from above.

They gave me 14728 haven spa suite. Was a little worried about being on the starboard side but it's the farthest one forward and people who have been in that suite said they heard nothing from above.

Yep agreed I'm a couple of doors down will be great!!

Yes, we are on the same cruise! Looking so forward to this break from reality.....as with im sure, are many others, life has been crazy for our family. Best of luck on your bids too.....after mine of course :halo:.

Haha!

Between me checking for my upgrade and watching the pregnant giraffe....I'm gonna need a Valium. :halo::'):halo:

This is the funniest thing ive read all day! :')

After 35 pages of reading I knew someone would mention April. Our cruise is not until June 2018 wonder if this will still be around on the Gem.

Would you mind telling me how you bid? We're in a spa mini but are looking at the Haven spa and bid in all the Haven categories. There are a LOT of Haven spas left on our sailing on the Breakaway in early May, and hoping that the fact that it holds 2 not 3-4 is going to deter (or prevent) a lot from bidding on one of them.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk