Eurodam Questions

Rinderoo

Due to a comedy of errors including my college student daughter enthusiastically saying "Guess what? I can do that Spring Break cruise!", thus taking us from 3 people to four, I had to cancel a sweet deal on another cruise line as the 4th person voided my offer and would cost 1K more to add her to that reservation. Since I didn't have the heart to tell her it was too late as she's an Engineering student and frankly busting her tail right now, I found another cruise so we're on the Eurodam. She needed something to look forward to and i can always find a cruise.

We had a great cruise on this ship several years ago (2012) and we booked a balcony then as well as a Family retreat cabana. Had to be the smallest balcony stateroom ever and we decided if we ever went back that we'd to OV. So after she snafu'd my plans on the CCL Glory, I got the OV on the Eurodam and a Family Retreat Cabana, which we thought was the best $449 ever spent on a cruise. Oh, and the laundry package. I loved sending my clothes out every day for $49 for the week! Normally I do laundry every other day on a cruise (Disney, Princess, Carnival) but this is such a nice service.

I need some updates though because I can't find much after searching the boards here.

Since I work all the time, internet on the Eurodam was amazing back in 2012. Is it still great? I can't find pricing either. Anyone have the price list or is it the usual $99/week now found on Carnival?

Bottled water: I drink a lot of bottled water and usually haul a case on board with me. Is this still an option on HAL? Or are they restricting beverages brought on board? I think we brought a case of diet Coke with us too. Can't find carry on beverage restrictions.

We're on Open Seating for dining but they have "Main Lower" available. I think my last cruise was assigned dining. If we keep Open Seating are we able to make a reservation every day? I'm confused about this. Normally I do Open dining around 6:15pm and ask for the same service team when I cruise, and I've had a lot of success with this. Do I need to make a reservation on the way out for the next day? Just want to avoid a massive line and long wait.

What night is the Cabana Club dinner on the Eurodam? I know we'll have to vacate our Cabana early when they do that, but we might want to go to0.

What has happened to the HALCats? I wanted to jump off the ship when they played and I understand they're gone. Soft rock of the 70's is not my thing and I listen to the same stuff as my kids, but I don't think they're going to be playing the Foo Fighters and Twenty One Pilots on the Lido deck.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

I need some updates though because I can't find much after searching the boards here.

Bottled water: I drink a lot of bottled water and usually haul a case on board with me. Is this still an option on HAL? Or are they restricting beverages brought on board? I think we brought a case of diet Coke with us too. Can't find carry on beverage restrictions.

There are no restrictions on bringing aboard non-alcoholic beverages. You are allowed to haul aboard as much water, soda, juice, and mixers, as you can carry. This is true at both embarkation, and all ports, so there's no need to burden yourself when you board.

The only restrictions are no liquor or beer, and one 750 ml bottle of wine per adult corkage-free at embarkation. You may also bring aboard additional bottles of wine, both at embarkation and ports, but you must pay a corkage fee of$18 per bottle.

Edited by RuthC

Since I work all the time, internet on the Eurodam was amazing back in 2012. Is it still great? I can't find pricing either. Anyone have the price list or is it the usual $99/week now found on Carnival?

We're on Open Seating for dining but they have "Main Lower" available. I think my last cruise was assigned dining. If we keep Open Seating are we able to make a reservation every day? I'm confused about this. Normally I do Open dining around 6:15pm and ask for the same service team when I cruise, and I've had a lot of success with this. Do I need to make a reservation on the way out for the next day? Just want to avoid a massive line and long wait.

What night is the Cabana Club dinner on the Eurodam? I know we'll have to vacate our Cabana early when they do that, but we might want to go to0.

What has happened to the HALCats? I wanted to jump off the ship when they played and I understand they're gone. Soft rock of the 70's is not my thing and I listen to the same stuff as my kids, but I don't think they're going to be playing the Foo Fighters and Twenty One Pilots on the Lido deck.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

I don't know the pricing of the internet packages but the speed is not that great regardless.

There is no set night for the Cabana Club dinner. They may not even have one. You'll have to find out as soon as you board.

We had open seating earlier this month on the Eurodam. After embarking we found a kiosk for dining reservations and was able to reserve our table for the first three nights. After that, we either reserved our table as we left the dining room or called dining reservations when we got back to our cabin. You are able to reserve 2-3 nights in advance. We also were able to request either the same table or the same service team.

We were on the Eurodam October 2015.

The Cabana Club dinner was on the night we were in Puerto Rico -- cancelled because very few people signed up for it.

Dinner reservations could only be made during the hours of 5:15 - 6:15 and 7:30 - 9 and you could make reservations for 3 nights at a time and you can ask for the same table each night. Check with the dining room manager when you make your first reservation just to be certain of the times as the times can vary by ship.

Sorry I don't have the Internet prices for this ship.